Tough Decisions?...

LilBerx

Jan 11, 2012
Logan, UT
I posted this in my local mustang community, but I wanted all of you enthusiasts opinions.

Well I am having a mix up right now... I am deciding if I want to drop some money for good heads, or a blower, I figure you guys would be the people to ask...

I have around $6-800 to drop within the next few weeks

Should I get a blower or heads?

I found a used old skool A-trim vortech, comes with everything, fmu, Anderson powerpipe. I should be able to pick this up for around 750-1000

Or I am thinking a head options...

I figure with the money I have, I could buy a set of gt40's have them ported, cleaned, put some roller rockers on them for a decent price.

I also have seen used trickflow heads for around $600-$800

Which would be the best for my 88GT?... I will be dding this car 50 miles round trip 14 days a month for work.

• Sponsors (?)

I would do a blower.

My take on GT40 (p) heads: They are only a deal when you buy them and bolt them on. Once you start putting money in them for rebuilds, porting any of that :poo: I feel the money is better spent elsewhere.

I would do a blower.

My take on GT40 (p) heads: They are only a deal when you buy them and bolt them on. Once you start putting money in them for rebuilds, porting any of that **** I feel the money is better spent elsewhere.

Same here. Long ago I put an A-trim (underpullied, at that) on my stock-headed engine and it was a BLAST. I had it tuned which of course added to the cost, but I'm sure you can get away with running the FMU if you prefer/have to.