tps reading: no lower than 1.4x volts

I see what you guys are saying but AFAIK, our TPS's are not supposed to be adjusted period. They should fall within the adaptive range when installed and that's it.

Adjusting has reportedly helped some folks (Nacho - TONS of fox guys do it too). It's just that it's not supposed to be needed. On foxes, they were not supposed to idle-surge but since they do, hokum like adjusting the TPS has helped folks.

I wasnt disagreeing with what has worked for you - just stating that you should not have to do it. And for guys with perfectly running cars, dont think you need to adjust the TPS to 0.96 volts because it's better. For those folks, the ratcheting and puter are working in synch properly.

• Sponsors (?)

thanks JT.

what do you mean when you say "ratcheting"? do you mean the sensor itself has a ratcheting mechanism, or do you mean how we can loosen up the screws and turn it manually?

Ratcheting is a term from the GUFB file. Basically it just means that the puter monitors the TPS reading and remembers the lowest one observed. Then it makes this the new baseline (artificial 0.0 relative-TPS-volts).

I totally see your guys' point Nacho. I wasn't actually disagreeing but rather just being a PITA. :)

For a long time I've posted that I dont have an issue with people adjusting the TPS (the risk is breaking it). Even though the cars should take care of the baselining, some mods or tune issues can cause problems. Ford didn't give us adpative control to be nice - it was done to accomodate the tolerances in all the sensors being supplied by the various manufacturers on the assembly line. It just happens that the adaptive control allows us to squeeze some mods in, some of which cause idle issues and some dont.

What I really should have stressed is that if someone doesnt have any issues with the car, don't adjust the TPS just for the sake of doing-so.

Carry on. :cheers:

ah yes, thanks JT--that clears it up.

punisher i have an edelbrock elbow if you need it. do you have an egr setup now? if not my elbow would be perfect for you. the holes have been plugged. i will sell it to you for 50 bucks.
hmm.. how many millimeters is it? i'm working out a deal w/ someone else, but this is appealing as it already has the EGR capped off (which i'm not running anymore, so it's very convenient). PM me, thanks.