Track times after 4.10s

Before the gears and drag radials i was running 13.6 @103/104 now with the gears and drag radials im only running 13.5. Kinda dissapointed. The only thing is that i reset the computer before i went to the track and im guessing thats why i only gained a tenth.

• Sponsors (?)

My 1/8 mile went from 8.9 to 8.7 and my 60' stayed at 2.0. I know drag radials wouldnt give me 4 tenths but with the gears i was hoping for 13.3's.

I ran at Napierville dragway in canada so im pretty sure the elevation is low and it was probably cooler then when i ran with the gears.

well, it is pretty tough to judge what the gears gave you without logging the atmospheric conditions were on both runs and then comparing the slips. your 60' should have gotten a little better at least.

Yea, im running 13.30 @ 104.14 W/ 2.01 60'. I dont see how your running a 13.6 With a 2.0 60ft and 104 trap. Something isnt right. As far as 4.10s, i think people get a big miscomseption as to the "feel" and think its the same as adding 20RWHP LOL. 4.10s really wont help trap, but they should help off the line. If you cant get the 60ft better then 4.10s really wont help THAT much. 1 tenth sounds about right for just getting you into the powerband quicker.

You need to work at getting your 60 ft down. I get 2.0 60 ft. with street tires. I've run 13.731 @ 100.75 mph, with my auto.. Your trap speed is awsome at 104. Add a 3000-3200 rpm stall torque convertor and tranny cooler and you'll be running 13.1 to 13.3 easy. Are you doing a good burnout to heat those tires? I've been trying to find out how much drag radials will help my 60ft times without a high stall torque convertor, but it seems every guy with an auto and sticky tires has a high stall torque convertor. What was your trap speed before the gears and drag radials?

BLUE03GT said:
how are you pulling a 13.6@103-104 with just those mods... the time is always possible given a super 60ft... but that mph... i dunno... i doubt it HEAVILY especially in an AUTO
You people need to understand that he is in canada at a awesome track with low elevation. Again and again you say " how is it possible???" It is with the right conditions

jmajorboner said:
You people need to understand that he is in canada at a awesome track with low elevation. Again and again you say " how is it possible???" It is with the right conditions

elevation here in NorCal is barely above sea level (around 15 feet above) and stock GT's have trouble seeing 100mph... there are cammed GT's with many bolt-ons barely seeing 104

Auto tranny especially... i see Mach 1's barely trapping 103-105 with the bolt-ons that are claimed

BLUE03GT said:
elevation here in NorCal is barely above sea level (around 15 feet above) and stock GT's have trouble seeing 100mph... there are cammed GT's with many bolt-ons barely seeing 104

Auto tranny especially... i see Mach 1's barely trapping 103-105 with the bolt-ons that are claimed
if cammed gts are only seeing 104 then they cant ****ing drive....since my vert was trapping that with 4 mods

Before the gears and drag radials i was trapping 103 or 104. Im pretty sure im not spinning at all of the line so i dont know what i could do to improve my 60'. Maybe i should shift around 5400 or 5500 instead of 6000.

When i was stock except for a catback i was only trapping 100.

BLUE03GT said:

Did you add air pressure? air temp? Thier have been about 10 guys from up there post thier times and they are all above average but yet people like you call BS on them all

BLUE03GT said:

I'll say it again as I said in another hot thread about results on this particular track. Elevation only isn't enough. You guys in Cali are getting serious hot temperature. You guys also have to consider humidity and pressure to get the real elevation or Density altitude. I ran multiple 102.9 MPH with only Magnapack and BBK CAI last saturday at the same track. The density altitude where like sea level which I doubt can be obtained in California.

For the main question, switching to 4:10 shouldn't get better trap speed but should lower the ET big time (like .2 to .4).

And for the BS trigger happy, I don't know either of the original poster who have made extraordinary trap speed except for myself because I know you will call BS :D

that trap is high, especially for an auto. I didn't see that before. If that is the ET with a 2.0 60 ft then you can pick up at least .2 in the 1/4. Play with the tire pressure a little. Do a good 6-8 sec burnout. A little tire spin can be good. A stall will make you very happy. Your trap speed may be a little less but ET will be better.
If this is the same track that several have run real high traps at, I also called BS a couple of times , not that it wasn't done as far as trap, but as to the basic mods on the car.

How is a poll gonna make a difference? 90% of the people that will vote probably have never been to a track with those conditions so they have no idea what is possible they will just go off the first thing thats in thier head.