Trade for Srt-4

IEatRiceGT

Sep 22, 2005
MD
Trade for Srt-4??

I got an offer today from an guy w/ a 2003 Srt-4 to trade his car for mine. The car has 37k miles and a few mods(intake, bov, fuel pump, staged 1 comp&injectors). I haven't made a serious reply to him yet but it sounds like he's interested in my mustang plus a little money. What do you guys think, please leave out how you hate srt-4's, and let me know of any flaws of the cars if you know any. I believe his car is worth a lot more than mine and wanted to know if this sounds credible to you guys. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

i would try driving it and see if he has been hard on it and then check it out on your opinion, he might just have wanted a stang after seeing your car and wanted more horsepower. THe sound of the V8 is much better then the ricer's. I mean it sounds credible because the SRT-4 probably has good value because its a sports car being a pretty quick manual 4 cylinder. Decent deal, but i would never part with my stang!

To be technical .... is that a ricer. Are they a fully domestic car?

Whether they are or not ... it's still fun to call it that, lol. The wings on those cars are hideous. Why did they put that crap on a FWD?

SeventyMach1 said:
To be technical .... is that a ricer. Are they a fully domestic car?

Whether they are or not ... it's still fun to call it that, lol. The wings on those cars are hideous. Why did they put that crap on a FWD?
i don't know if FWD started here w/ the big 3, but imports have done it enough/too much so i think it's safe enough to call it rice.

another thing, i know dodge has done cars in conjunction w/ mitsubishi, and i've seen mitsu engines in dodge cars, so yeah, it's rice!! plus you gotta look at the majority of the guys that drive them--i def think it's safe to call them rice.

Well heres something to think about:
2003 srt-4 37000 miles in excellant condition $16000 retail value priced.
1995 GT coupe typical 100k miles excellant condition $6500 retail. So based on the numbers you would be getting the better of the deals. So I would say trade, sell it for 13 to 14k buy another 94 or 95 sink the extra money you now have into it, and have the best of both worlds. It sounds fishy though, something isnt right.

yea that is why i say drive it and see if it was drivin hard or anything if not yea the money is right i would invest in a 94/95 cobra or else a 99+ DOHC that would be well-spent money. You could make a nice 94/95 GT but take a lot of time when you could get the cobra and DOHC for the same price with little to no modding and have a decent car.

WHITE94COBRA said:
Well heres something to think about:
2003 srt-4 37000 miles in excellant condition $16000 retail value priced.
1995 GT coupe typical 100k miles excellant condition $6500 retail. So based on the numbers you would be getting the better of the deals. So I would say trade, sell it for 13 to 14k buy another 94 or 95 sink the extra money you now have into it, and have the best of both worlds. It sounds fishy though, something isnt right.

now THAT'S a plan!

It is not worth 16k look on ebay and the srt boards. I had been looking at them for a while and for 16k you could find a stock 04 loaded sunroof and all with about 20k miles for 14,500 or higher. I don't think it's rice unless he has modified the exterior. Are they fun little cars to drive, yeah. I have test driven a few and they are quick and fun. However FWD would probably get old after a while. You can only go so fast in one without having to spend some big money. The interior does have a cheap feel but hey its a car for under 20k. I don't like how it does not have cruise control, if you don't drive on the highway a lot it may not be a problem. Also the rear windows are manual and that is also a annoying. What color is it? How much does he want you to give him along with your car? I think they are fun cars and I would own one, but I would not get rid of the stang. Personally if I was going with FWD I would rather get an svt focus with the Euro package (hid's, sunroof, recaros, e.t.c) then add a turbo tom kit and you can be putting out power around 300 to the wheels I believe.