Trade for Srt-4

You need a good kick in the nuts if you're considering trading your Mustang for a Neon. :D

The only reasons I would accept for you considering this is
1) You're bored with your Stang. Trade for the Neon and sell it then get another Stang after you realize how gay FWD performance cars are. Especially if it doesn't have LSD.
Or 2) You need a fun car that gets decent gas mileage and you can only afford one car. Not sure how good the Neon is on gas, but it should be better than your Stang.

• Sponsors (?)

Its value "is" listed at 16k on all of my green sheets, I wholesale cars with a friend, so my numbers are different every day. Sorry to burst your bubble, looking on Ebay has absoultely no bearing what a dealer sells there cars for, Also keep in mind dealers get them 3 to 5k back of book value. You did read my post I assume?? I said he could sell it for 13 or 14k. I'm bustin your balls because it looks as if nobody ever finishes reading posts and then tries to flame or make the same point someone had already made. As for the rest of your post I agree they are kinda fun to drive, but its a neon!!!!!

94_302 said:
It is not worth 16k look on ebay and the srt boards. I had
been looking at them for a while and for 16k you could find a stock 04 loaded sunroof and all with about 20k miles for 14,500 or higher. I don't think it's rice unless he has modified the exterior. Are they fun little cars to drive, yeah. I have test driven a few and they are quick and fun. However FWD would probably get old after a while. You can only go so fast in one without having to spend some big money. The interior does have a cheap feel but hey its a car for under 20k. I don't like how it does not have cruise control, if you don't drive on the highway a lot it may not be a problem. Also the rear windows are manual and that is also a annoying. What color is it? How much does he want you to give him along with your car? I think they are fun cars and I would own one, but I would not get rid of the stang. Personally if I was going with FWD I would rather get an svt focus with the Euro package (hid's, sunroof, recaros, e.t.c) then add a turbo tom kit and you can be putting out power around 300 to the wheels I believe.

I realize that this might be a turn towards the world of rice but my main reason for even considering this is that I go to college right now where snow is a big issue. The combination of the horrible rwd in snow and the terrible gas mileage it gets back and forth from school are making me explore my other options. The car is black, black interior, and black rims. The guy lives a little distance from me so he is going to make me a quick vid of the car so I can get a better feel of it. In the meantime I appreciate your guys input, the hate of rice is understandable also, and any suggestions about masking the car being a neon would be appreciated.
--He said he will go car for car plus like $300(for gas) and he will meet me halfway(6 hrs!)

I also did some research on a few srt forums and found an add for his car. It also has an aftermarket lsd and his asking price was 13k. He had other car related posts on the site and I found nothing that was disturbing or worrysome(posts about car trouble, stuff breaking...) If it matters he also is an adult, in his thirties, so it's not some kid ragging on the car(not to say older men can't do the same) :D

Here are some pics...attatched

Attachments

• srt4_Converted.jpeg
    srt4_Converted.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 129
  • srt42_Converted.jpeg
    srt42_Converted.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 159
Sounds like you're looking for a reason to get rid of your stang, and I don't think you'll be able to find another deal this good so I say go for it if the car turns out to be in good condition. I would at least check around for a used WRX or Evo before you go with a neon. :D

It's not that I'm looking to get rid of the stang but I don't want to pass up opportunity to buy a car that fits my needs better and is straight up a good deal for me. If it works out and I miss the stang, I will have more money to invest in another one.

Being as unbiased as possible....

If your looking for a car that is marginally better in the snow, better on gas, and is still decently quick, then I'd say go for it. Plus, you wouldn't be able to get 13K for your mustang, so financially it makes sense also.

NOW, you have to remember that this is a NEON and I would be willing to bet, after a year of driving it, you will want to get rid of it. If I were in this situation (and wasn't married to my cobra), I'd do the trade, sell the NEON, buy another good condition mustang (~$5000), buy a cheap 4wd subaru (~$3000) or something similar, and use the left over money for modding on the stang and insurance/registration payments while your in school. Plus, you'd have two cars and could spend more time on modding your stang :nice:

my opinion on this is the stang is much better in looks and performance over that black neon. I was thinking that the SRT-4 was a 2 door so that isn't even a sports car. That a 4 door sedan basically. I mean yes it has higher re-sale value and low miles but hey if you get that please get rid of it and get a newer car. Like a 94/95 cobra or 99+ cobra. I think you would be happy then i wouldn't be able to ever part with a cobra if i got my hands on one. I am glued to my gt but i would probably pass it up for a decent cobra if i could ever, but it wouldn't happen cuz i dislike the fox body and newer would never meet my car's value. So if you get it, then get rid of it right away at least then you will hopefully upgrade in the end, but best of luck with you. I think the car looks like a ricer especially with its 4 doors and manual tranny with it tryin to look pimped out with black rims. Not my Style! i had a 2000 neon before i got my stang but i left it stock and it was a 4 door and it had some zip but no fun compared to my stang!

WHITE94COBRA said:
Its value "is" listed at 16k on all of my green sheets, I wholesale cars with a friend, so my numbers are different every day. Sorry to burst your bubble, looking on Ebay has absoultely no bearing what a dealer sells there cars for, Also keep in mind dealers get them 3 to 5k back of book value. You did read my post I assume?? I said he could sell it for 13 or 14k. I'm bustin your balls because it looks as if nobody ever finishes reading posts and then tries to flame or make the same point someone had already made. As for the rest of your post I agree they are kinda fun to drive, but its a neon!!!!!

Yeah your right, I did not see the 13-14k in your post, my bad. But they do not hold their value well 7 months ago when I was looking at them 13-14 is around what an 03 would be. I thought its just a neon but when I drove it I enjoyed it, so it may be just a neon but it's a fun neon. I don't know if it would get old after a while or not.

I would rather find an SVT Focus with the Euro, I think it looks better and it's a Ford. However $300 + your car that seems like a pretty good deal. Did you go through all his posts? Sometimes you can find a comment, unrelated to a thread that makes you throw a flag up on the car. Just be real thorough on your examination. It might even be worth it to have a mechanic check it out, compression and other things just to make sure the car is running well for now. If you do, good luck with it.

imo its a no brainer. for all you guys that say its still a neon, just remember his car with all those mods is still a mustang.

nothing makes me more upset than people that look at cars with blinders on. there are pros and cons to all vehicles--all vehicles.

95Black50 said:
Being as unbiased as possible....

If your looking for a car that is marginally better in the snow, better on gas, and is still decently quick, then I'd say go for it. Plus, you wouldn't be able to get 13K for your mustang, so financially it makes sense also.

NOW, you have to remember that this is a NEON and I would be willing to bet, after a year of driving it, you will want to get rid of it. If I were in this situation (and wasn't married to my cobra), I'd do the trade, sell the NEON, buy another good condition mustang (~$5000), buy a cheap 4wd subaru (~$3000) or something similar, and use the left over money for modding on the stang and insurance/registration payments while your in school. Plus, you'd have two cars and could spend more time on modding your stang :nice:
Now that is a hella plan....