Transmission fluid for a brand new T-5

• Sponsors (?)

What I did after I put mine in is I filled it up with regular ol' Dexron/Mercon ATF and took it for a spin around the block (I'm rural - block = about 10 miles). I then brought it back and drained out all the fluid. I then refilled with amsoil ATF. I was told to do this with a new or rebuilt transmission (change fluid after short drive), I'm sure someone else could explain the specifics why better than I could though.

What I did after I put mine in is I filled it up with regular ol' Dexron/Mercon ATF and took it for a spin around the block (I'm rural - block = about 10 miles). I then brought it back and drained out all the fluid. I then refilled with amsoil ATF. I was told to do this with a new or rebuilt transmission (change fluid after short drive), I'm sure someone else could explain the specifics why better than I could though.

it's good to do this because with all the new metal in the transmission, it's going to shave off little bits of metal while it breaks itself in and the gears mesh. not necessary to change it THAT fast...i always put a couple hundred miles on it then change it.

I agree with using dino initially, and doing a short change interval on the first fluid you use.

Good luck.