Transmission range sensor help

I have been having trouble with my 94 gt turning on then immediately dieing. I pulled the codes and got code 118 Engine coolant sensor above maximum voltage/ 0 to -40F indicated. and code 654 Not in "park" during KOEO Self-test/
Would either of these cause it to crank, turn on, then die?
AND i'm going to swap out the 5.0 for a 351 windsor. The code 654 is the range senosr right? Will this make the new motor do the same thing even though i plan on doing a carb swap

• Sponsors (?)

If the engine was not up to temp, the ECT code can be generated.

Do you want to test the TR sensor? You need a DMM and access to the sensor (driver's side of trans).

How are you going to control the trans after the new motor goes in?

The stock AODE is computer controlled so you either need to fix the issue and keep the EEC (or use a stand-alone trans controller), or swap in an AOD/C4, etc.

I don't believe i have a DMM. But honestly, should i even consider fixing this problem? I'm going to drop in my 351 in a few weeks and in a few months i will have compiled my parts to swap in a T5. Obviously this isn't my daily driver sooooo it can and will be parked here at home while im off at school/working full time.

Sorry man, im 19, excited about my new motor, and i'm pretty sure i have ADD. Haha it causes me to go "I want to do this, whats involved?" then a day later "Screw that, i wanna do this" haha i can't decide. But i have very fond memories of my 1992 nissan pathfinder my dad gave me to run around on the ranch in when i was 13. Good memories and driving stick reminds me of it so i think im going to stick with my t5 dreams. :D Thanks for the input. Now.....what to do with my old 5.0