Trick Flow lower, whats up with this?

• Sponsors (?)

its supposed to look like that. They all do. Its part of production. Supposed to help clear a line, fuel line i think. I thought the same thing when i got mine. Its not a defect.

its supposed to look like that. They all do. Its part of production. Supposed to help clear a line, fuel line i think. I thought the same thing when i got mine. Its not a defect.

:stupid: it'll get covered up by the fuel rail crossover (which is why the provide the guard in the kit) and by the dizzy once its assembled. you'll hardly notice it.

Like already stated it is normal. here are some pics of other ones with the same groove maybe this will put your mind at ease..

49864d1218911912-visual-difference-between-trickflow-street-track-heat-trick_flow2.jpg

F35158.jpg

Trick%20flow%20intake.jpg

Do they charge you more for the one with a gouge in it? :)

In the computer software world, things like that are called "an undocumented feature"

I think I have a thread from a couple years ago where I thought mine was a mistake too. Mine has the out of control grinder look also. I think they could have made it look a little more finished rather than an after thought.

Function > Form

I was pretty confused about mine too but it fits in there just right and you cant see it. Which i assume was a goal. These things dont usually come from after-thoughts.

Nice to see what looks like the hammer dent in the water neck to clear the distributor. My Edelbrock performer lower didn't have that and it was fun tweaking the timing with the rotor hold down hitting the lower.