Trunk release switch

Casey4s

Sep 1, 2007
Woodbridge, VA
I installed the trunk release switch inside my car today so I don't have to fumble for my remote to unlatch the trunk. Well worth the little bit of time and the few $$ it took.

Trunkrelease1.jpg

Trunkrelease2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I see that you're in my area...

Any chance you'd feel like doing another install? :D

Sure, where do you live?

Kooldawg and Stangdude2000 both know me if you need references.

EDIT:

The FORD part number for the switch is:

D3AY-19C542-A at your Ford dealer or online from:

https://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214290&gclid=COeA6t7Jp44CFSgQFQod1EPtZQ

OR

New Ford Parts - Genuine OEM Replacement Parts

I already have everything else on hand.

PM me...

Damn, man...making me feel like such a lazy ass!!!!! :rlaugh:
I'll come up there next week and see all your 50,000 new mods since last time:nice:

Looking forward to seeing you... Get a switch from Ford and we can do the trunk release to your car then. I have everything else.

PS: Don't feel lazy, remeber I am retired and have a lot of free time. I made a new shifter handle this morning just to add a little "Flair" to the shifter and toggle...

T-Holes03.jpg

I also did the Trunk Release Switch in my Mustang. I had saved one of the switches from when I was parting out FOX body Mustangs and used it, so I saved a few bucks there. I have to agree though, very cheap, easy install! I really enjoy having this feature inside the car.:nice:

I would put the button somewhere else so somebody breaking into the car can't access the trunk. When I first got mine I thought it needed one but later realized no I dont cause my stuff in the trunk is more secure. Not to say if they really want in bad enough they can go thru the back seat. :)