Trying to get a cobra

UDTBadkarma said:
Yeah but from the investigating i'm doing, the people wanting to sell their cobras have too many pts on their licenses, or insurance is WAY to high for them. So its not out of the question, but for the most part you are right in thinking that.
Okay, not trying to rain on your parade, but when I bought my cobra I checked the difference in insurance from a Gt to Cobra. $8. Both are considered high powered sports cars. Both have V8's and both cost about the same for insurance.

• Sponsors (?)

64Comet said:
UDTBadkarma said:
Yeah but from the investigating i'm doing, the people wanting to sell their cobras have too many pts on their licenses, or insurance is WAY to high for them. So its not out of the question, but for the most part you are right in thinking that.
Okay, not trying to rain on your parade, but when I bought my cobra I checked the difference in insurance from a Gt to Cobra. $8. Both are considered high powered sports cars. Both have V8's and both cost about the same for insurance.

Ok not to rain on YOUR parade...but u have the best insurance company. Because check this out:

New Jersey Insurance (AIG):

2002 Mustang GT: $3,500 (no collision)
2001 SVT Cobra : $12,000 (w/ collision) $8,500 with no collision

* I have 1 speeding ticket at the age of 17, and 2 parking tickets and im 22 in July.

And don't even say it, i know jersey sucks. And i'm switching to Geico soon, which will drop me down to $2,600 (no collision) for my GT.

i had 21st century and they wanted like 300 a month for the cobra whereas they only wanted 200 a month when i had my GT, so i switched companies and now pay 125 a month for my cobra. you just gotta shop around

UDTBadkarma said:
64Comet said:
UDTBadkarma said:

Ok not to rain on YOUR parade...but u have the best insurance company. Because check this out:

New Jersey Insurance (AIG):

2002 Mustang GT: $3,500 (no collision)
2001 SVT Cobra : $12,000 (w/ collision) $8,500 with no collision

* I have 1 speeding ticket at the age of 17, and 2 parking tickets and im 22 in July.

And don't even say it, i know jersey sucks. And i'm switching to Geico soon, which will drop me down to $2,600 (no collision) for my GT.

Can't imagine paying any of those numbers up there. Especially the cobra. That is insane. I pay just over $1300 for two cars and a bike full coverage. Hell and I think that is too much.

The only time someone would trade a cobra for a gt is if it had big power, like a blower setup with forged internals or something...or the gt was alot newer but 1 year newer would not cut it. Dont worry though, you can easily find an 01 cobra for around 16k

chuckstang95 said:
The only time someone would trade a cobra for a gt is if it had big power, like a blower setup with forged internals or something...or the gt was alot newer but 1 year newer would not cut it. Dont worry though, you can easily find an 01 cobra for around 16k

yeah i've seen quite a few for 16k. Maybe I can sell my car for 15 :shrug:

64Comet said:
What the heck is on your record. That is just insane. And you are looking to get a cobra? Good luck. Couldn't imagine paying that for insurance.

I can't even BEGIN to count how many posts I've discussed my ****ty insruance in. But i have one parking, seat-belt and a speeding ticket, when I was 17 (85 in a 65). And I'll be 22 in July, so nearly 5 years ago...

And the insurance is why I didn't get a cobra in the 1st place when I sold my 98GT. But im having second thoughts now. :D

I'm shopping for different companies when I grad college in May and return home. I want a cobra, and I 'aint payin out the ass for it :mad:

I'm 24 and pay $2100 for full coverage on a 02 chev sub.,04 saab(turbo-4, listed as primary car) and the stang. Most of my friends pay that much or more for one car. It helps to have a spotless record I guess. If the stang were listed as my primary car my ins would be only $400 more per year. I use AAA

Hey guys, I recently joined and thought to chime in. The cobra pickens on auto trader just got slimer since I just purchased one of 'em. Was able to get my price (18.5K, listed for 23k) so don't be shy to ask (and hold out).

Full coverage ins for my new snake costs me $83/month (no tix & >30yo). Hell I'm paying more than my wife does for her 2000 BMW Z3 coupe ($72/mo).

Good luck UDT!

Just to give u an idea of what the o1 cobra will cost u, i just bought my 01 cobra in laser red with the parchment interior which is a rare find(only a couple hundred made in that combination). the car is flawless and was 100% stock when i got it but it aint no more and ive only had it for a month. the car cost 18,900! well worth it. i traded in my 91 notchback 5.0 for it and there is no comparison, the cobra is a sick car! Do it man!

I dont know wahere u live but i bought mine at blacks automotive in central florida. all they do is mustangs and they are great. check em out at blacksautomotive.com!

cobra2798 said:
Just to give u an idea of what the o1 cobra will cost u, i just bought my 01 cobra in laser red with the parchment interior which is a rare find(only a couple hundred made in that combination). the car is flawless and was 100% stock when i got it but it aint no more and ive only had it for a month. the car cost 18,900! well worth it. i traded in my 91 notchback 5.0 for it and there is no comparison, the cobra is a sick car! Do it man!

I dont know wahere u live but i bought mine at blacks automotive in central florida. all they do is mustangs and they are great. check em out at blacksautomotive.com!

Thanks for the advice and help! I'll look into it.
I bought my 1st 98GT from Florida, and i live in northern new jersey. I dont mind road tripping to buy a car. So anywhere in the U.S. is fine with me :nice:

UDTBadkarma said:
I would LOVE to get an 01 for $14.5. I'd can trade my GT straight up for that. I want like under 50k miles though. 55k would be like my max.

NEEEED an '01 Cobra :drool:

I can't find any sites selling too many good ones. They are all like 21k :(
I HAVE AN 01 BLK ON BLK COBRA WITH 29400 I BEEN THINKING ABOUT SELLING EMAIL ME FOR PIC [email protected] I WOULD NEED ABOUT 19000.00

My 01 Cobra with 14k miles cost me 20 grand. I could have got it for 18,500 if I had been thinking. If I was you I wouldn't pay over 19k for a coupe or 20.5k for a vert. If it has over 30k miles I wouldn't spend over 17k on it.

Low mileage ones seem somewhat rare nowadays.

LordJish said:
My 01 Cobra with 14k miles cost me 20 grand. I could have got it for 18,500 if I had been thinking. If I was you I wouldn't pay over 19k for a coupe or 20.5k for a vert. If it has over 30k miles I wouldn't spend over 17k on it.

Low mileage ones seem somewhat rare nowadays.

Yeah thanks for the advise. I am looking into buyin a few, all that i have seen for $17-18k and about 30k miles. I'm not 100% dead set on selling my GT yet, so im looking for a trade-in or a good sale. Guess i'll see what i can find, and what happens :)