Trying to get a cobra

• Sponsors (?)

Evenflow said:
Didn't you just buy your 02 GT like a few months ago? :shrug:

Last August (04) so not quite, but kind of, at the same time.

I like new cars, what can I say :D

In all honesty, with GT prices dropping like flies and Cobra insurance being too high, I think i'll keep the GT.

I bought my GT last aug with 27k miles, for $16k. Now im selling it for $15k with 34k miles a year later, and that price seems to high to people. So im not sacrifice selling it and buying an 01 cobra for 18-19k. Too much $$ to come up with. So i dunno...

UDTBadkarma said:
Last August (04) so not quite, but kind of, at the same time.

I like new cars, what can I say :D

In all honesty, with GT prices dropping like flies and Cobra insurance being too high, I think i'll keep the GT.

I bought my GT last aug with 27k miles, for $16k. Now im selling it for $15k with 34k miles a year later, and that price seems to high to people. So im not sacrifice selling it and buying an 01 cobra for 18-19k. Too much $$ to come up with. So i dunno...
Reading about your insurance issues, and your financing needs, I'd recommend you to be patient, and keep your GT.

UDT, I tend to agree w/98Stang....hold on to your GT & enjoy it! You've (only)owned it for a year. Be patient, save some cash... and... I'll meet you in line when it's time to "get" (ie..afford) the '07 Shelby.

btw...got my 01 w/17k mi for $18.5. A very clean machineindeed.. inside, outside & under the hood!!

ak

UDTBadkarma said:
The 2001 has two-tone interior leather that the 99 didn't have. And the 99 needed a "fix" (which is done on most 99s already) but its something that needs to be looked into. The 99's were only making like 305hp instead of the advertised 320, so they need to go back to Ford for a recal for a PC re-flash and different exhaust.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 99 Cobra fix was not what you said...it was an intake manafold replacemet, the original didnt allow enough airflow resulting in a low HP motor...so much lower that if you took a 99 GT and a 99 Cobra off the showroom floor and raced head to head the GT would have won...the fix was to replace the Intake manafold and reflash the ECU.

98cobra#16 said:
The 99 Cobra fix was not what you said...it was an intake manafold replacemet, the original didnt allow enough airflow resulting in a low HP motor...so much lower that if you took a 99 GT and a 99 Cobra off the showroom floor and raced head to head the GT would have won...the fix was to replace the Intake manafold and reflash the ECU.

:bs: Sorry but I can't say that I believe that at all. The Cobras were under rated at like 305 or 310 hp, and need the "fix" to bring them up to 320 as they were supposed to have. The 99 GTs had 260hp. There is no way even if the cobra has 300 hp, that the GT would beat it...

98cobra#16 said:

The complete '99 fix included the intake, a new catback, and a PCM reflash. Fellow Stangnet member TXsnakecharmer has a great write-up on his website:

http://mysite.verizon.net/txsnakecharmer/techman1.htm

Here's his main site, it's a great reference for 1999 (and 2001) owners:

http://www.txsnakecharmer.net/

:cheers:

COBRA90GT said:
The complete '99 fix included the intake, a new catback, and a PCM reflash. Fellow Stangnet member TXsnakecharmer has a great write-up on his website:

http://mysite.verizon.net/txsnakecharmer/techman1.htm

Here's his main site, it's a great reference for 1999 (and 2001) owners:

http://www.txsnakecharmer.net/

:cheers:

Unfortunately, there are more than 1% of stang owners that are wingless. Its like a trend now, i'd be 15% are wingless :rolleyes: And its UGLY without it!

[/endofdiscussion] :D