Tubes give more traction?

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
I have a question. I always noticed that one of my MT ET streets gets flatter then the other, over the span of a few weeks it'll go flat. So I put a little theory together. I've heard that slicks with tubes lose air. I bought these slicks from a guy on ebay, already mounted. So maybe he was using the tube like Eibach uses the airbag in their springs? Maybe this is why sometime when I go to the track and I get better 60' times then the other? Of course it could be because of alot of things; weather, burnout, etc. But maybe the tires were suposed to be set up so the side with the tube is on the side that the car dips? Maybe....

• Sponsors (?)

You mean tube like a innertube in a tire, or a airbag for your springs? You kinda lost me lol. I also thought the airbag was to prevent the car from dipping to one side.

Thats what im saying dude. I was talking about the guy using the innertube in the tire to prevent a dip like a airbag does. I guess what im asking is, would an innertube work like that?

Yea I do, what exactly would an innertube do? MT sells tubes to put in the tires, but they dont recomend using it on the street. What would cause one of my tires to lose great amounts of air over a short period of time then?

are there screws in the rims? there are a lot of things that could cause a tire to loose air. a bad valve stem could do it or the bead could be leaking. mix up some soapy water in a squirt bottle....lay the tire out and spray it down really well and the bubbles will show where its leaking. but if its leaking very little it will be hard to find.