Tuners

• Sponsors (?)

Everyone here is going to tell you that you should have gone with the XCAL :D ...but I'm happy with my Diablo for what I need. If you just use the canned tune, it can be hit or miss. You may feel a slight difference but it won't be major. I had a custom tune done on my Predator and there were good gains. I only have the dyno from before and after the Diablo PLUS my plenum and 70MM TB. I'm getting gears so it allows me to adjust for those and it also sets my TC off all the time. I got some gains, but its more of a tool to do some other things with as well.

Before-After.jpg

Attachments

• Before-After.jpg
    Before-After.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 39
I also have the Diablo Tuner. This guy I know did a custom tune for me and was a lot better than the tune that Diablo has on it already. Firmed up shifts (I have 3.73's), jacked up the timing, more fuel and turned tcs off and the car pick up some decent power.

A tune for a bolt on car is not worth it... The majority of the gain is from the increase in timing. Bill Putnam, the fastest bolt on 2v GT to date, as well as the racers at ModularDepot.com, will advise against it. His car had a bullitt intake(yes, he gained around 2 tenths and a mph or two), bolt ons and LTs, and two tuners lost power on his car. They couldnt get above the stock tune

Each car is slightly different. You might gain a tiny bit of power with the fuel curves, but dont bother. The stock tune is almost spot on our cars. Every now and then you will find a car that will react to a custom dyno better than others, but its not the norm.

if you getting one done for an auto, or to correct the speedo, an offroad mid pipe etc.... then go for it, but dont expect a whole lot over a simple timing adjuster.