Turbo 66

• Sponsors (?)

Tell us more about your stroker and then we can better answer your question.... block, heads drivetrain etc..... and what do you do with your car biggin? street, strip, track it...

You got the jack, go turbo.. I am planning my next stroker build and although I was leaning turbo, I may go cent. supercharger.... still mulling it over..... sky is the limit Paco.....

what i got

Well Im not a gearhead I bought a Ford 347 stroker shortblock put a set of brodix st5.0rs that have been majorly ported to a ported dual plane intake demon carb650 split lobe cam pushin the limits of my rollerrockers. I LOVE to go FAST not at the strip but on the street playin around by myself(so if I wreck I just kill me) also fourpoint roll bar coilover front end fourwheel disc slainless exhaust. What more can I say.:hail2:

Whats the compression ratio? Have you considered nitrous? The only reason I mention other power adders, is that unless your motor is built for boost, your going to have to very much limit your PSI. I dont know what power levels your motor makes NA, but a power adder on top of that make be pushing the limits of the internal components.

he didn't mention what his internals were, I would be more concerned about what his block is to start with. We'll drill down to the rest of the set up when he answers that question.

My block is a 87-93 roller so a Dart is in my future to go for big #'s...

washMO66 said:
he didn't mention what his internals were, I would be more concerned about what his block is to start with. We'll drill down to the rest of the set up when he answers that question.

My block is a 87-93 roller so a Dart is in my future to go for big #'s...

yeppers! Once you go dart you'll never go back... or at least the SVO 4 bolt 351 block'll do.

OK good, we are making progress now. How is your shortblock, you all forged? compression ratio?

I've rode in a turbo muscle car and it was really intense to say the least.... There is a guy on here with a 67 or 68 that runs 10 flat high 9's on a turbo set up with every day street manners....

66+67 said:
Like I said Im not a gearhead I know its a ford built short block forged alaminum pistons I think that it around 10.5 it runs on 92 octane paid 2500 everybody else was trying to get it first.

Forged crank, forged pistons, not sure about what comp ratio your heads are but the crate engine built on your shortblock is 9.7:1. New the short block lists for $2,950.00. Depending on your heads you should have around 425HP, 400 ft lbs tq.

To turbo or not to turbo, that is the question.

66+67 said:
I think its a sportsman block(r)

The sportsman block is still a 2 bolt main; in 302 trim it isn't worth the extra cash, but the 351 is fairly strong. The R block is a 4 bolt and isn't sold anymore, but Ford also sells a 351 4 bolt main for ~1800$ I believe. In any case, a strong block to begin w/is much desired and needed when you want to make lots'o powa'.

BTW, try www.turbomustangs.com for lotsa' turbo mustang info.

yeah sportsman blocks are junk. i will either buy a dart sportsman or r302. im leaning towards an dart due to the fact its stonger and made better from what ive read. and dylan hit the nail on the head. Turbomustangs has all the info youll need. ive got over 7 days logged of search time (i know im a loser =P )