Turn Signals and Ranger Header

MustangLXT

Nov 1, 2004
Florida
My turn signals stopped working. I changed the switch in the steering wheel column and they still don't work....it's not the bulbs because my cautions work and they turn on when i turn my headlights on. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, I want to put a ranger header on my 88' N/A, is there a certain year ranger that i should look for a header for or maybe something else that i dont know about putting a ranger header on?

• Sponsors (?)

This happened to my car (blinker problem), my Dad fixed it but (if I remember correctly) the relay is on the passenger side under the dash. He just had to replace the fuse.
As for the ranger header, I'm pretty sure any year is fine, search e-bay - many of the listings say if it will fit a Mustang. Also long tube headers work nice but they can be more expensive.

On the Ranger header, look at the collector closely if it's already off the truck. I didn't pay attention to the one I got (and I'm the dumbass that pulled it off the truck!) and ended up with one that didn't have the fitting for the O2 sensor. Apparently the later Rangers(My donor was a 97) located the O2 sensor in the pipe instead of the exhaust manifold. No biggie, I ordered a fitting from Jeg's drilled the hole and welded it on. If you do pull it yourself, get the EGR tube. I was able to graft the two tubes together to maintain my EGR system. I know alot of guys ditch the EGR stuff, but I like to keep my stuff as original as possible. Overall, it was an easy swap. The hardest part was getting the EGR tube worked up, and even that wasn't all that bad. On mine, the Ranger EGR tube was smaller in diameter than the Mustang tube and it actually slid inside the larger Stang tube making it a cinch to mock up and weld in place. It looks all original at first glance.