Twin kit progress pics.

TT91

May 23, 2003
Paramus, NJ
Got the engine back from the machine shop, the twin disk setup was a pain in the arse. The driver side header from B&G was a PITA as well, as the headers didnt allow the use of studs due to lack of room to spin the nut., so we had to use extremely small headed bolts. The motor dropped right in and then it took me from 11pm 1 am to get the trans aligned and bolts to the bellhousing. Today I will be connectting the driveshaft, bolting in the other turbo, connecting all the hot/cold parts, installing intake, and will most lilkely have it ready to run by the end of the day. Thanks for looking.
img_0810.jpg

img_0811.jpg

img_0816.jpg

img_0817.jpg

img_0818.jpg

img_0825.jpg

img_0823.jpg

img_0829.jpg

img_0838.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

The clutch is a Mcleod street twin, good for 1000 rwhp, costs about 1200$ new. The motor is a 4 bolt racing block, all forged internals, good for 1000 hp. The injectors at 72 lb, good for 800rwhp, you can figure it out from there...

sirsureshot39 said:
The clutch is a Mcleod street twin, good for 1000 rwhp, costs about 1200$ new. The motor is a 4 bolt racing block, all forged internals, good for 1000 hp. The injectors at 72 lb, good for 800rwhp, you can figure it out from there...
Well when your all done, we can meet in ohio (in the middle) and well put the turbo to the blower and see who gots the power. NO im only kidding maybe, but i love turbo's, how much Boost do you plan on running? What ECU? What block did you end up choosing?

I love the way turbos sound when they spool up like a Lear Jet... HMMMMMMM

If that's an a4, it will probably hold way more than 1000hp. I've seen it take 1400-1600, and still not break, and that's an estimate because i think the dyno would only read 1400hp.

I had a shot at an a4, fully prepped for a 347, bought the tremec instead, what a mistake, i should of checked an A4's value first.
$1600 block, and $1000 machine work, and all i had to pay was the machine work.

damn man very nice. did you buy that turbo setup as a kit? i am pretty sure i am gonna be doing a twin setup but i am fabricating all the pipes myself. i am looking for just the headers though for twins, but i can't find anyone who sells then with out selling the rest of the hot side

again looking really lnice man, i wishi lived closer i would love to see that **** up close, make sure to keep posting LOTS of pictures

edit: also what size are those turbos? and what intercooler are you using?

You call any magazines yet? lol if i dont see your car in a magazine sometime soon after it finishes im going to be pissed. I cant wait to see that thing done, get some vids of it starting up!