Twin Turbo 4.6??

GTFreak

Nov 28, 2004
I am getting a new 05 GT with the 4.6 in march...or when ever it comes in and I am thinking I want a twin turbo instead of the supercharger. Anyone have numbers compareing the 2?? Has anyone DONE a twin turbo 4.6 before?? I havent really found alot of info on it but I know it can be done. It might be all custom , I know its going to be a tight fit but it can work. Anyone seen this setup before??
Phil

• Sponsors (?)

GTFreak said:
I am getting a new 05 GT with the 4.6 in march...or when ever it comes in and I am thinking I want a twin turbo instead of the supercharger. Anyone have numbers compareing the 2?? Has anyone DONE a twin turbo 4.6 before?? I havent really found alot of info on it but I know it can be done. It might be all custom , I know its going to be a tight fit but it can work. Anyone seen this setup before??
Phil

yeah a few people have done it :D

http://www.modularmustangs.net/showthread.php?t=9808 :nice:

i haven't heard much about the inductionconcepts kit, but i've heard nothing but good things about the HP kit. but with a TT setup it's essential to get a built block to take advantage of the potential in them, unless of course you are happy with 380-400 rwhp

u pretty much have to build the engine if u go turbo, the weakest kits give u 400 hp, although ive heard of mustangs going over 500hp with stock internals, its probably not a good idea, try here bunch of good info on turbos for stangs

Look at Dec issue of MM&FF.
They compare twin-turbo vs roots vs KenneBell vs Centri (Vortech) on a 03 cobra and same boost level for all 4.
Very instructive. They show dyno reports, boost vs rpm and so on.

Vortech and stock eaton are the 2 big loosers, twin-turbo for sure should be fun !

00s281sc368 said:
They compare twin-turbo vs roots vs KenneBell vs Centri (Vortech) on a 03 cobra and same boost level for all 4.

Vortech and stock eaton are the 2 big loosers, twin-turbo for sure should be fun !
seriously, if i dont live in CA, i would get the twin turbo for sure. i am thinking about selling the KB and get the twin turbo no matter how illegal it is :D

00s281sc368 said:

Yeah I was about to say that too :D

They summed up the article basically as no winner. With different prices, complexity, and very different results, every blower and turbo has their own application, and whichever you want the most (and can afford) is what you should get.