Twin Turbo Build Progress -pics-

• Sponsors (?)

GreenMustangGt said:
honestly i wasent going to weigh them with an actual scale....but i can tell you, they weigh just about what the stock seats weigh, slightly lighter possibly.

Do they recline and all that? Do they slide on the tracks? They look like they are REALLY comfortable. Im not sure if u stated the above info before...but 10 pages is a lot to read through lol

Thanks again guys. I called DEZ racing today and made an appointment for next Monday for a dyno tune. HE was afraid of how much boost the stock internals can take....oh whell, i guess we will see. Before i go, i still have to change my oil, filter, and put some new sparkplugs in. just so its fresh

As far as the seats go, I was impressed and still am with how nice they are/look.
They Flip foreward with a lever thats right around neck height on eaither side of the seat. They also recline, there is a knob on both sides at the bottom that you turn. Also, they came with "generic" sliders.

The Driver's side was cake, What i did was just drill some new holes in the stock driver's side power slider and mount the new seat to it....which is really kick-ass since it goes back/foreward, up/down, i screwed the switch right to the side of the slider setup, so its mint. also, if you really got into it, i bet you could gut the stock seats and install the air lumbar into em, cause theres alot of room inside, also jegs sells a seat heater kit you can put in em also., lastly, you can change the middle strip color anytime you want.

The pass side was a real PITA....if you look back in the pics you can see that i used there sliders and welded the feet from the stock sliders onto it....it works great....just took a bit of planning and time.

Kevin R. said:
They got tired of giving us post count every time we asked for pics :D.

Even though the SN65 project car is in "Classic Tech" and is a thread consisting of about 25% tech and then tons of people saying something to the effect of oh my god this is so awesome, i love your work, keep up the good work....etc...no offense to that thread cuz it is a good project.

So yea obviously this thread is SO much different. :scratch:

whell this last page of the thread turned to crap! anyhow, updates are this.

I rerouted my oil dump lines up over the pass seat area, through a tee, with larger 1/2" tube.
I also added a Turbo Timer but that is just for the oil pump so it runs for about a 60 secs after i shut down the car.

I test drove it mid week and some of my piping poped out, so i ripped out my boost side piping under the car, and completely re-did it and made a much smother merge with the piping, and fastened it better.

I finished that today, and also put some new autolight 104's in gapped to .30. (they dident have 103's)

I removed my spout, set my static timing to 16degs adv, and set my FP to 50lbs at idle....I dont want this damn thing to blow anything on the ride up to seekonk tommorow at 3:00..(its about an hour ride)....Then we'll see how she runs with some boost after the tune!

I just took it out for a ride, and wow, it runs damn good...almost like it did before, it idles crappy but thats due to the 42's.....but its definatly driveable...Very driveable as of now, ive just not really been getting on it, but off idle the damn thing starts to spool....i know lag isnt really much of an issue as far as i can tell, ive had to to a max of 5psi slowly getting on it, and holy crap was it loud/and fast! anyhow, i had to do it, but ill save the FT for the dyno.

Good luck with the tune.... :nice: Hope things go smooth and no hiccups for ya at the dyno...you dont need no surprises at this point...
Sounds like your good to go...
Bring that beast to Tasca Ford day at NED, I read its as big as FFW...Let me know if you head up..I wanna see this mother.. I need a Winter project... :D