Umm, I'm new, and I'm an alcoholic...

Wow this is great, I'm glad she got a good owner and I'm glad the dealership was at least half way honest with you. I am a Corporal at the Cherokee County Sheriffs Office and my wife and I were expecting. I fractured both feet and tore the tendons in both of them and was out of work for six weeks. My wife used the fact that she was prego to barter a better deal, I got a crew cab Tacoma for 19,xxx and had it for about 3 months and I was sick without the Mustang. I found a 06 Auto GT for 16,000 and traded the Tacoma in on it.

For the time being I have to have an auto due to my feet injuries. My plan for her was a bad ass N/A build up with some huge rear tires thats why I was going to go 4.30's. With the huge rear tire the car would drive like it had 4.10's. You should leave the 3.55 gear as is if you plan on going with a roots/twinscrew supercharger.

I'm pissed that they didn't give you my number and all the parts, I'm anal about things and I wanted the new owner to know the full history behind their purchase, hell I even gave them the dyno print out. If you ever need any help or mod advise give me a yell, I also have a extra dyno sheet if you would like it just pm me your address and I'll mail it out. When you get back to town look me up and I'll take you out for a beer! Thanks for your service to our county. Here are some pics of her on the dyno.
Would you mind sending the dyno? Just for bragging rights so I can tell people what she actually puts down. I was told it was just over 300 at the wheels with the mods on the dyno (according to its previous owner who brought in a dyno printout that was lost in the sauce). I'll PM you my address.

Being a cherokee sheriff, you've possibly pulled me over...if you've been in that area (especially highway 92) I was the owner of the primer gray, slammed, 91 civic hatchback (I'll see if I can get some pictures up, and you may actually recognize having shot the radar at it twice...just to make sure. I live (permanently) off Dials Dr. off Woodstock hwy/92. Speaking of Cherokee Sheriffs...would you happen to know an Alex Azaroff? Supposedly he joined...a year or two ago? He's good friends with Micheal Summey (APD) and I know Cherokee has a smaller police station than most.

Out of curiosity, what WAS your idea for the build? I just might be able to still help your dreams come true, and when I return to Ga, I'll let you take her for a spin. :) I know it hurt like hell to see someone drive off with my Civic after the dreams and plans I had for her. Rumor has it (I've not heard from him since the sale) it's sitting in a body shop in Dahlonega and is pretty much rusting away. Hasn't moved in months. *sigh* Tell me your plans for it...I'm interested to hear.

How can I NOT return the thank you when you serve our country just the same as I? Only difference is my precinct and guns are a little larger and we have a bigger budget. :rlaugh: Nonetheless, thank you for what YOU do. Despite my horrible youngster driving record, now that my friend is APD, I see a little better where cops are coming from and why they do what they do. Afterall...it IS there job. Would you like to walk into a hospital nearing death only to have a nurse deny you treatment because she didn't agree with the reason you were there? No. You would expect her to do her job to the best of her ability.

Sorry for the rant...it's been a long day. LoL.

• Sponsors (?)

If you are mechanically inclined and have access to just a few mechanics tools, save your self a ton of money and install the SC yourself. I did the Kenne Bell full kit (with a 9psi pulley, intercooler, etc.) with my wife helping and it went really well. We did it in my neighbors garage. You do not have to be a race car mechanic or NASA engineer to do the install. Just read (and follow) the instructions and take your time. When you're done, you have some bragging rights over those that installed with a credit card. Not that hiring it done is a bad thing, but it's cool if you can do it yourself...

Rebuilt the engines and replaced them when necc in my lawncare company for 5yrs, rebuilt the engine in my civic at 16, built the car for the following 6yrs, worked a year in a BMW/mercedes warehouse, one year in a body shop, and I'm now employed by the Marines as a helicopter mechanic. You could say I'm SLIGHTLY inclined. :D
Semper fi marine.

Does the hooker with one leg still hobble around Oceanside?

BTW like your wheels.

Another Marine in the house? This site is in for trouble...

Thank the original owner. BNH. He set the car up nice. I hated mustangs and intended to buy a 350z or a g35. This one was up on a show-stand and I turned around JUST to look. Salesman came out and I said it was out of my range, and I WOULD NOT own a ford. He said I could drive it anyways...just for fun. As we pulled back in the dealership (where I'd left my now pissed-off girlfriend because I totally ditched her for the test drive) my buddy told the salesman he may as well go ahead and draw up the paperwork. The salesman looked at me, and without a second breath, I said "****...yeah...go ahead and get the papers..."

Uh...I know just a short while ago we had a hooker that was running around barrack to barrack and just inviting herself to stay in with the sob story of "I'm waiting on my friend to get back...can I stay in your room until he does?" and then she'd stay for a while.

Rebuilt the engines and replaced them when necc in my lawncare company for 5yrs, rebuilt the engine in my civic at 16, built the car for the following 6yrs, worked a year in a BMW/mercedes warehouse, one year in a body shop, and I'm now employed by the Marines as a helicopter mechanic. You could say I'm SLIGHTLY inclined. :D

Dude, you can do this easily yourself. The SC install is really straightforward if you use a quality kit. I helped my son with a Procharger centri on his V6. That was a really well documented and packaged install as well, although I'm still firmly in the KB twin-screw camp....

Congrats!

I tour the local race tracks here in southern california in the spring and fall. I've had more fun in the Stang than my 350z. I also find our cars a lot more fun than the EVOs. (which I've also tossed around the track)

Rear drive, big HP, weight, solid rear axle all make for challenging fun. You just know you're never going to lay down the times the more modern suspension and lighter cars with power are going to do.

Still, our cars look sexy as hell out on the track, sound insane and are just FUN. I always get compliments from folks and sometimes people are shocked at what these cars can do out there. :nice:

Mr Q, I'd be interested in meeting up with you, sometime. 1) To get to know someone in socal OUTSIDE of the military, 2) someone to show me where to go to start getting back competitive/legally active in my car, and 3) to meet someone (or more) from stangnet.

I'm stationed here at Miramar, buddy!

Everyone in my family was in the militay except me. I'm representing the lazy fat segment of America! (the true Americans, heh) Reaping the benefits of what our soldiers do everyday risking their lives to defend. And I am thankful for it, every day. :flag:

But...sure...I'd love to meet up. I'm in Sherman Oaks, CA though. Not exactly a quick trip. Unless you can get me and my ride onboard a C-130. ;)

EvasiveS197,

Thank you, I have not worked on that side of town. I'm a supervisor at the Jail, and funny enough I'm Azaroff's supervisor! My build plan was FRPP Hotrod Cams, Ported Heads, forged internals with a bump in compression to 11.1, stroke to 302 and finally longtubes and tune from MPH. I was aiming for 360-370 to the tire. A blower would be cheaper and easier but I like the idea of all motor power.

I have went the blower route on the different vehicles and its cool but I'm a worry wort and I was always affraid of getting bad gas. I had a 04 GT with a Vortech with close to 400rwhp, a 03 Cobra with 500 and a 99 Roush F-150 with a Vortech at about 470. I will have a blower car again I just wanted to do a N/A build for once.

Get me you address and I'll send you a copy of the dyno :nice:

Is that right... well, tell him that Ben said hey. Haha.

While your goals for power on the car are about what I was looking to turn the car into, I'll probably still roll with the blower. I just don't want to pull the engine apart...

I'll PM you after posting this message up.

08, let me know what you're up to for that. If I don't have duty or anything, I'm down for it. I'm gonna try. It'd be cool to KNOW some people that I'm cruising with prior to going. We'll see if we can throw together a meet up soon, maybe? My girl's going back to Ga on sunday...once she leaves, it gets pretty boring...LoL