Unbelievable Instagram Find

Boosted92LX

It's only an inch or two. What's the big deal?
15 Year Member
Dec 19, 2010
If anyone is near Los Angeles...

image.png

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Still looks like it needs a lot of work. No lights, partial 5-lug and something up with that passenger glass. Need more info and pics though

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Oh, the negativity!

Nah, I have enough projects to last a lifetime.

Boat? Check.
Car hauler? Check.
Foxbody? Check check.
Truck? Check check check.

Yard work... where's that teenager?

Reactions: 4 users
Not to say mine is better or anything like that.......

In 1982 they made more than 500 more t-tops than in 1983.

Plus that paint job! OMG! While that car is not as "rare" as, let's say......an '83 model, it's still a t-top coupe. Why wouldn't you, at least, take off the rest of the windshield mouldings and the door handles before painting it? Why paint the t-top trim as well?

But, if you're in California, and are looking for a shell to make a rod out off, and are willing to pay 400k for an average house to live in, then not a bad deal at all.:rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users
Not to say mine is better or anything like that.......

In 1982 they made more than 500 more t-tops than in 1983.

Plus that paint job! OMG! While that car is not as "rare" as, let's say......an '83 model, it's still a t-top coupe. Why wouldn't you, at least, take off the rest of the windshield mouldings and the door handles before painting it? Why paint the t-top trim as well?

But, if you're in California, and are looking for a shell to make a rod out off, and are willing to pay 400k for an average house to live in, then not a bad deal at all.:rolleyes:

Yeah, it's no peach. It is an early ttop coupe with the elusive front bumper though. Everyone knows you don't pay asking price on CL. :shrug:

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, noobz is a big fan of those '82 gt bumpers.

Yeah, everyone has their own thing they prefer. That's what's cool about foxbodys. So many different flavors. They tend to get boo'd for being blah these days, but my fave is still the aero lx. 2nd would be 85/6 gt, but I dig them all. Kinda like ladies. :shrug: Or pizza... Or beer... Or...

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, noobz is a big fan of those '82 gt bumpers.

I don't actually mind the hood that one that one either. I'd prefer the 82 hood.

The other thing that is super hard to find is the side molding. Nobody reproduces the pre-86 that I'm aware of. If someone else does, post it up.

@Davedacarpainter Saw this while looking for something else.
1987-ford-mustang-fox-body-payne-06.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
I don't actually mind the hood that one that one either. I'd prefer the 82 hood.

The other thing that is super hard to find is the side molding. Nobody reproduces the pre-86 that I'm aware of. If someone else does, post it up.

I saw the write up in that one in MM&FF. He used Capri fenders on it and widened the quarters.

Not much of a fan of that particular hood, but a nice car, all in all.

That front end on a coupe looks too much like a Monte Carlo, another I car I love dearly.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, I dig the monte too. I tried buying an SS from a friend of a friend about ten years ago, but he thought it was gold so it didn't happen. Somehow Ttops made a roller car worth 5k in his mind...

Uh-uh.

Hey, I dig the monte too. I tried buying an SS from a friend of a friend about ten years ago, but he thought it was gold so it didn't happen. Somehow Ttops made a roller car worth 5k in his mind...

Uh-uh.
To be honest, just like a decent fox, they have doubled in price over the last couple years. I would love a ls/t56 swapped Monte but good donor cars are scarce. Building one is more money/hassle than its worth.

To be honest, just like a decent fox, they have doubled in price over the last couple years. I would love a ls/t56 swapped Monte but good donor cars are scarce. Building one is more money/hassle than its worth.

Yeah, this actually was around 03 or 04. The car had no engine OR trans, it had a huge rust hole in the driver A pillar that need to be cut out and welded up, and marginal interior. For 5k? I thought the guy was stoned.

True that would have been a 500 dollar scrap car. If the rest had some semi decent parts he could have parted it out and cubed the rest. Just like us fox guys they are having a hard time with oe parts and resto supplies.