UNDERDRIVE PULLIES

• Sponsors (?)

No, you use all damn 3 of the pullies that came with the Kit.
The majority of the gains are from the Crank pulley however the water pump and alternator provide power too, and you need every tenth of a HP you can get.
Also, someone correct me if i'm wrong, but if you don't change the alternator and water pump pullies you will need to figure out what kind of belt size you need..the stock one won't fit any longer unless you install everything that came with the kit.

I hope you bought a Steeda kit ..everything else is pretty much junk. although i heard i think SLP is suppose to make a decent pulley.

No, you don't need to run the alternator pully. It doesn't do anything. If you do decide to run it, you will need an impact wrench to get it off. Also, the stock belt is fine, you do not need a longer belt.

Ive put on 5-6 sets of pullies. Takes about 45 minutes to do. I've used March, FRPP, and steeda. I like the steeda pullies the best. They are worth about 4-5hp and are not piggy back.

The alternator pully probably doesnt do much, but you should install the water pump though for sure. as well as the crank. Really, install all of it. why the hell not? you spent your hard earned money on it, get your moneys worth. If you don't install the waterpump pully, i think you may need to get a *shorter* belt.

Just don't open the package of the BBK or scratch it or something, the place you bought it from should take it back

I have a set of the BBK pulleys. I've had them (alt, water, crank)on the car for almost three years now with no problems at all. IMHO, there is no difference in horsepower whether it's a piggyback setup or dedicated crank dampener. The belt is rotating around the same diameter pully and the rotating mass is roughly the same. That being said, I wish I would have known about the Steeda set before I bought the BBK set...

to top it off bbk sent me the wrong damn bolt for the crank shaft and almost pulled my threads i was so scared and pissed at the same time cause its suppose to be a kit and send the wrong bolt and too i got the bbk quadrant and had to customize the hell out of it cause it was too tight and was riding the clutch so i say do not get any of those things from bbk i learned the hard way.....apr has a quadrant kit and 3 hooks with an adjustable firewall for 89.00 and bbk i bought it for 99.00 so look around b4 u get anything from bbk well thanx guys for ur help