Uneven tail pipes

mcalvo

Mar 17, 2022
Phoenix
Gentlemen;
I got a problem backing up at a parking lot. I hit one of the sidewalks and now I got an uneven tail pipe.
IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

The dirver side is significatly more inwards under the body. Would I be able to pull it out to make it even? Thanks in advanced

• Sponsors (?)

If in fact it did push the pipes forward, and I'd suspect it did, you will have to find the area of the pipe that bent, depending on where and how bad the kink is will dictate what has to happen. That short a distance it may pull back, or it may bend someplace else. :shrug:
Likely kinked at the curve over the rear axle. :chin

Noobz347 made a good point about changing the exhaust. I have looked at a video some time ago. I want to get your expertise. The link for the video is here.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-s4ZCsC1oY&list=PLJoER11o-vjKBBEjqLBPVJ26l4RSlZHd6&index=42&t=791s .

My questions are X-Pipe or H-pipe? 2.5 or 3 inch ? On the video I only see 1 set of catalytic converters. The current setup in the car are 2 sets of cat converters. Would only 2 work for passing emissions?

Once again thank you for your opinion and expertise.

If you're planning more mods, I'd do Long tubes and 3".

You need to check with PA about what they will accept. CA, for instance, will have 4-cats if the car came with them. Other states allow t hose 3-way converters like in your image above.

If PA requires you have all 4 cats, your options are usually limited to axle-back exhaust systems.

If you're planning more mods, I'd do Long tubes and 3".

You need to check with PA about what they will accept. CA, for instance, will have 4-cats if the car came with them. Other states allow t hose 3-way converters like in your image above.

If PA requires you have all 4 cats, your options are usually limited to axle-back exhaust systems.
Thank you for you input.I live in AZ and I will look into emissions requirements.:nice: