Electrical Unplugged wires....

Cory Berg

Sep 25, 2012
San Jose, CA
Any idea what these leads might be for? Discovered them last night in the trunk while wiring up a sub woofer. One is Orange and black, the other is Green and Yellow.
photobucket-17615-1355357136499_zps0f60d016.jpg

Attachments

• photobucket-17615-1355357136499_zps0f60d016.jpg
    photobucket-17615-1355357136499_zps0f60d016.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 94
  • Sponsors (?)

This is unrelated to those leads, but how big of an amp are you going to be running for the sub?
In my Bronco (uses the same 2G alt. that a fox does) I have two 15's powered by a 1000 watt amp and I can watch the voltage dance when they hit. If I turn it up pretty loud, the voltage drop is continuous until I lower the volume. Just watch how hard you're pushing the subs, you may need to do a 3g alternator conversion if you haven't already. After I finish my car I'm doing a 3G swap to my Bronco lol

I have two 10's on a 400w amp. It's an old setup from one of my buddies. So far I don't have any problems with voltage drop.
At 400w you should be fine with a stock alternator. If you ever decide to go any bigger, I'd suggest a 3G conversion. It's not NEEDED, but it sucks at night time to see your lights fade from bright to dull because of your subs hitting lol

lol I think 400w is just fine for me, they hit pretty damn hard and I don't even have them turned up very far. :nice:
I've actually been meaning to find someone with a system in a fox because not very many people in my area have fox bodies. What brand subs are they and are they in a ported or a sealed box? Once I get mine on the road I'm putting in 2 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch series subs in a massive ported box in my fox and I'm debating whether or not to use the 400w amp I have for them or step up to a 1000. I like bass. A lot lol

Those 2 wires are the old speaker wire when i first got my 90 it had 2 sets one was the old set and the other was one someone had ran threw the car which was a pain in the ass to figure out what went were. And im running a 1400 watt jl audio amp to a single alpin r series 10 that thing hits harder then my buddys 2 12s lol but everytime i turn on the lights my voltage meter gets dragged way the hell down even when i dont have the sub hitting and i just replaced the altenrnater i wonder what that could be.

Those 2 wires are the old speaker wire when i first got my 90 it had 2 sets one was the old set and the other was one someone had ran threw the car which was a pain in the ass to figure out what went were. And im running a 1400 watt jl audio amp to a single alpin r series 10 that thing hits harder then my buddys 2 12s lol but everytime i turn on the lights my voltage meter gets dragged way the hell down even when i dont have the sub hitting and i just replaced the altenrnater i wonder what that could be.
2G or 3G alternator?

In my old 4-banger '91, I was running a single 10" dual voice coil audiobhan, sealed box, powered by an old sony 760w amp. I used to always get the voltage drop when it hit, tends to be very annoying.

There's your problem. In my Bronco I had two 12's powered by a 400 watt amp along with the two 15's powered by the 1000w amp. 1400 watts is a little too much for the 2G alternator to handle. Voltage drop was drastic when the subs hit and that was with no accessories on. Headlights, blower motor, and wipers along with a song with heavy bass? Ha, forget charging. Constant voltage drop.
522509_4196808357230_1739755394_n.jpg

There's your problem. In my Bronco I had two 12's powered by a 400 watt amp along with the two 15's powered by the 1000w amp. 1400 watts is a little too much for the 2G alternator to handle. Voltage drop was drastic when the subs hit and that was with no accessories on. Headlights, blower motor, and wipers along with a song with heavy bass? Ha, forget charging. Constant voltage drop.

holy bass machine....