Update 03 Cobra Vibration Problem

Kyle-02GT

May 21, 2003
To bring you all up to speed:
My 03 SVT Cobra I bought last week in Dearborn, MI. On the way home I noticed a vibration in 6th gear on the interstate. It stops when you put in the clutch or if you downshift into 5th but anywhere 50MPH+in 6th you can definatly feel it. Later that night I was rearended and had minor damage to my rear bumper and the passenger side exhaust hanger. Today I take it to the only SVT dealership in the area and take the head tech for a ride to see what the problem is. Eventually they put it up on the rack only to tell me that the catback is bent and is what is causing the car vibration. I think to myself WTF? I explain the situation that it was doing it before the accident and about the TSB and even give them the Oasis number for the TSB. I tell them what Ford SVT said about the problem when I called them. Their reply. "Get your exhaust fixed and bring it back in we'll look at it then". I asked them when they could get my car in for service and they reply how about the 23rd because we get all our orders in on monday if we need to overnight parts.

The guy still swears its the exhaust and they are the only SVT dealership for 100 miles :( :bang:.

So now its 2 weeks til they will even look at it again.....not to mention how long its going to be laid up..... I think they are just giving me the run around because I didn't buy the vehicle from them. They didn't even want to offer me a loaner and "forgot" about the SVT premium service that requires loaners to be given for service work....

• Sponsors (?)

Kyle-02GT said:
To bring you all up to speed:
My 03 SVT Cobra I bought last week in Dearborn, MI. On the way home I noticed a vibration in 6th gear on the interstate. It stops when you put in the clutch or if you downshift into 5th but anywhere 50MPH+in 6th you can definatly feel it. Later that night I was rearended and had minor damage to my rear bumper and the passenger side exhaust hanger. Today I take it to the only SVT dealership in the area and take the head tech for a ride to see what the problem is. Eventually they put it up on the rack only to tell me that the catback is bent and is what is causing the car vibration. I think to myself WTF? I explain the situation that it was doing it before the accident and about the TSB and even give them the Oasis number for the TSB. I tell them what Ford SVT said about the problem when I called them. Their reply. "Get your exhaust fixed and bring it back in we'll look at it then". I asked them when they could get my car in for service and they reply how about the 23rd because we get all our orders in on monday if we need to overnight parts.

The guy still swears its the exhaust and they are the only SVT dealership for 100 miles :( :bang:.

So now its 2 weeks til they will even look at it again.....not to mention how long its going to be laid up..... I think they are just giving me the run around because I didn't buy the vehicle from them. They didn't even want to offer me a loaner and "forgot" about the SVT premium service that requires loaners to be given for service work....

if they didnt give you a loaner i would be on the phone because this is messed up , my dealer offers me a loaner car for free everytime i have taken mine in ........and i dont even have a SVT vehicle .....

2002BLGT said:
if they didnt give you a loaner i would be on the phone because this is messed up , my dealer offers me a loaner car for free everytime i have taken mine in ........and i dont even have a SVT vehicle .....

They didn't want to because I didn't buy the car from them....but SVT picks up the loaner....