Use my GT40 intake or?

• Sponsors (?)

Your heads flow about 250 cfm and your intake flows 205-210 cfm. For best power you should port the lower of the GT40 (will get it to 240-250 cfm) or sell it and buy an intake that does flow 240-250cfm or a little more.

To me it depends on whether the cam you've got was designed specifically with that package in mind. If it was, the designer took the flow limitations of the intake into account in designing the cam - I don't think he would've spec'd the cam where the intake was a signficant bottleneck. If that's true, the intake's not your limiting factor - the cam is. If so, an intake swap won't help much unless you redo the cam to take advantage of the new intake. I'd start by talking to your custom cam designer - their model should tell you all you need to know about whether the swap will help or not.

Haven't actually ordered the cam yet, but will be as soon as I decide between the GT-40 and one of the others. After searching and checking out some combo's on here, I think the Track Heat or RPM II intake would give me what I'm looking for power wise.
As always, thanks for the help.
-Brian