V3 Almost!

damn rights!!!....im not sure how to read a dyno sheet very well but how does that look to you guys?
I can't tell the way the pic is - I can't tell what's plotted on it besides for the torque and hp

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

• Sponsors (?)

he called me back and he says he will have to tweek the tune?!

Uhhm Yeah! Like TOOLOW91 said he should have done that yesterday. Also the fact that he told YOU to set the limiter to 5500 scares me too. If there was a limiter to be set that was his job as the tuner. A GOOD tuner tunes it to its max limitations AND makes it bulletproof safe so you can beat the h-ll out of it without a care in the world. That's what you paid him for!
Is he tuning it "old school" using an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, timing on the distributor and a 6BTM, or is it tuned on a chip?

Don't put the low boost pulley on, this can be settled within the tuning.

Uhhm Yeah! Like TOOLOW91 said he should have done that yesterday. Also the fact that he told YOU to set the limiter to 5500 scares me too. If there was a limiter to be set that was his job as the tuner. A GOOD tuner tunes it to its max limitations AND makes it bulletproof safe so you can beat the h-ll out of it without a care in the world. That's what you paid him for!
Is he tuning it "old school" using an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, timing on the distributor and a 6BTM, or is it tuned on a chip?

Don't put the low boost pulley on, this can be settled within the tuning.[/QUOTE
he didnt touch my timing or fuel manualy,everything was from a laptop.....so timing 10deg,and fuel 42 unpluged,the rest he did......question for you guys?....how long was your tune?

Don't put the low boost pulley on, this can be settled within the tuning.
he didnt touch my timing or fuel manualy,everything was done from a laptop,so fuel 42unpluged and 10deg timing,everything else he did......question for you guys?....how long was your tune session?

he didnt touch my timing or fuel manualy,everything was done from a laptop,so fuel 42unpluged and 10deg timing,everything else he did......question for you guys?....how long was your tune session?
1 st time on the dyno at 10-1030 . Driving the car by 130-2 loaded up and on the way home at 3

2nd time with the big willy setup and 60s on the dyno at 1030-11 driving the car by 1250 and loaded by 130 pm . Kris is a whiz . He did the car both times. And the following weekend drove it 120-140 miles each way to am show with no issues . Didn't miss a beat

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

I'm also using the Pms but people have no issues with a. Chip as well I believe @Onefine88 tunes through an sct

Yeah mine's tuned on an SCT chip. Can't believe it took him 6 hours to dial yours in. Wow Guess I'm spoiled.
smkshw, Where do you live?

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah mine's tuned on an SCT chip. Can't believe it took him 6 hours to dial yours in. Wow Guess I'm spoiled.
smkshw, Where do you live?
either can i man but what can i do?!.....had to pay every second too...lol
Anything new ? @smkshw

well,since he didnt let it get passed 160deg,i drove it in the morning to work just to see how it runs with colder air and temps...and to tell you the truth?....when the temp was 150-160,i eased into it and seemed good,gave it for the first time and no detonation?.....but as soon as i got to operating temps?(my car runs 185-200ish,up to 210 in hot traffic)....it started to detonate?....unless i just didnt hear it?..i dont know?,but seemed that way......have a "tweek" tune sat morning again!

well,since he didnt let it get passed 160deg,i drove it in the morning to work just to see how it runs with colder air and temps...and to tell you the truth?....when the temp was 150-160,i eased into it and seemed good,gave it for the first time and no detonation?.....but as soon as i got to operating temps?(my car runs 185-200ish,up to 210 in hot traffic)....it started to detonate?....unless i just didnt hear it?..i dont know?,but seemed that way......have a "tweek" tune sat morning again!
Ok cool . With how long you were gone I thought maybe you paid him. A visit and gave him. A piece of your mind . that's bs that he never let the car get over 160

There is nothing wrong with going back to the tuner and nicely stating your concerns. Any reputable tuner knows that he may not get it dialed in the first time. His concern should be you as the customer and not blowing up your motor. He should not charge you for additional dyno time.

Reactions: 2 users
Ok cool . With how long you were gone I thought maybe you paid him. A visit and gave him. A piece of your mind . that's bs that he never let the car get over 160

he did my car the first time and he did a great job,theres another guy that knows everything about foxbodies,he has a 7 sec turbo i see at the track,but he is booked solid!....and we have a few other smaller guys around,but the place i went too is the second choice,he took long yes,and i am a little pissed,but man i just want it done!,so im keeping my mouth shut for the moment,and im "waiting" to see if he charges me?!

one thing i want to say,he kept telling me my car runs hot?,and he said that if my car can stay around 160!!!,its gona be killer.....but what stroker,or any car runs at 160!,operating is 180 at least?....wtf?,sure my car runs 180 all day if its cooler out and "maybe" 160 in the winter with a 160 stat on the highway!,and i have an electric fan and a big aluminum rad?....that kinda got me irritated and raised some questions

one more thing,i ended up getting my black magic fan to work,i made new brackets for the rad support at the bottom and moved the rad forward and it works perfectly now,he said to run the stock fan set up?? its better??