Ventura County

Xjman1 said:
Looks great!! I FINALLY added the Magna Flows and the FIPK kit and the sound is awesome. Not too loud at idle but makes it feel like a Mustang should at WOT. Question now is with these "minimal" mods should I get it dynoed/remapped or should it be ok? Would like to hold off on the remapping until a pulley swap but not at any expense of engine damage. Thoughts fellas?

Those 2 mods don't effect anything with A/F ratios, so don't worry about it until you do your pulley. When you do the pulley then get dyno-tuned.

• Sponsors (?)

Rocketman said:
Those 2 mods don't effect anything with A/F ratios, so don't worry about it until you do your pulley. When you do the pulley then get dyno-tuned.

That is what I thought but feels good having more knowledge to back it up. Thanks a million or at least a new engine :)

damn now your on a modding streak. Anyone hear anything about the WMS CAI? Its jet hot coated and has a pro-m maf, was thinking about getting it but haven't seen many people with it. Or should i just get the accufab Rusty?

BADGT02 said:
damn now your on a modding streak. Anyone hear anything about the WMS CAI? Its jet hot coated and has a pro-m maf, was thinking about getting it but haven't seen many people with it. Or should i just get the accufab Rusty?

I really saw more from the Accufab Plenum/TB then any other mod so far. I think its worth it. I thought you already had a Dense Charger CAI? From what I've read, you only need to mess with the MAF if your doing a blower.

On a side note, Hawaii Racing is perhaps one of the most expensive places I have ever shopped. I would be willing to bet that you could shave $50+ off the purchase price either online or from another supplier.

I'll only go to Hawaii Racing if there is no other alternative.

Rocketman said:
I really saw more from the Accufab Plenum/TB then any other mod so far. I think its worth it. I thought you already had a Dense Charger CAI? From what I've read, you only need to mess with the MAF if your doing a blower.

I pulled that densecharger crap off, i really didn't like it at all. From what I read the pro-m with the wms is calibrated for the bend in front of it. I guess I will get the accufab, what size did you get, 70 or 75? But i need a new clutch too. Damn to many parts to little money.

BADGT02 said:
I pulled that densecharger crap off, i really didn't like it at all. From what I read the pro-m with the wms is calibrated for the bend in front of it. I guess I will get the accufab, what size did you get, 70 or 75? But i need a new clutch too. Damn to many parts to little money.
Go with the plenum and TB and put your denscharger back on!!. You just need to rotate the maf to the side (darkwolf mod) that is supposed to fix it. Alot of people have done that and have had success. On the other hand, a new clutch is pretty important!

Blev said:
Go with the plenum and TB and put your denscharger back on!!. You just need to rotate the maf to the side (darkwolf mod) that is supposed to fix it. Alot of people have done that and have had success. On the other hand, a new clutch is pretty important!
I have tried to rotate the maf but i cant with the way the densecharger is built, so I am out of luck on that one.

BADGT02 said:

I went with the 70MM TB and matching plenum. You might consider the 75MM if you do a blower down the road. Unless it's a KB, then just stick with the 70MM.

Gonna do some house remodeling Saturday morning and then probably go hang out at the Newburry park show in the evening. No time or fundage to do any trips to LACR but am thinking about going on the 21st.

Joe

Went by the The Newburry Park car show on Saturday. Four mustangs there. One bad A$$ Cobra with a Pro-Charger running 17 PSI of boost. Looks like they are going to stop doing the meet. They said they would keep meeting until the end of the season which is about 5 weeks. I guess they are going to turn the current show parking area into more stores.

Dale-01L said:
I'll be at LACR on the 21st with my truck!

-Dale

(Finally registered) :)

Welcome!! Been meaning to talk to you about those heads, but money has been, or should I say NOT been in my wallet.

Joe....

Have the flyer printed out already for a few weeks hanging on my wall here at work. There are a few other shows I would like to share.

Upcoming Events
August 14th
Cruise to Ventura Harbor Village for Lunch
With a stop at Mustangs & More
September 26th
Car Club Day @ the Santa Paula Oil Museum & Airport
And Brunch Too!
October 2nd
Granada Hills Street Fair and Free Car Show
October 17th
Ponies By The Sea Car Show ( Tri-County Mustang Club )
December 4th
AMFC’s 2nd Annual Holiday Party & Awards
@ Dakota’s Restaurant in Simi Valley
December 12th
Chatsworth Holiday Car Show & Parade
Our Club AMFC is again hosting the Car Show this year

Not sure if the, August 14th Cruise to Ventura Harbor Village for Lunch With a stop at Mustangs & More, is still on. There is a conflicting meet at the Rose Bowl that weekend and it seems a good majority may be there. Details are on SVTPerformance.
How about the 8th Annual Saleen Car show on September 18, in Irvine? I had a flyer sent to me this mornig in the mail.
We have to meet for dinner again and go over a schedule. What do you local boys think?

Joe

Xjman1 said:
Not sure if the, August 14th Cruise to Ventura Harbor Village for Lunch With a stop at Mustangs & More, is still on. There is a conflicting meet at the Rose Bowl that weekend and it seems a good majority may be there. Details are on SVTPerformance.
How about the 8th Annual Saleen Car show on September 18, in Irvine? I had a flyer sent to me this mornig in the mail.
We have to meet for dinner again and go over a schedule. What do you local boys think?

Joe
Sounds good to me. After finding out I have 3 sprains and a torn muscle in my shoulder, I won't be in the gym for at least 4 weeks. So I have time.

On a side note, I sent an e-mail to the President of AMFC to find out more details about Sat. run.

No rush, I've still got 'em...

I sold the ported set I had, but Ive still got the stock set...

Im actually going to be out at Palmdale this Saturday too, to get some testing in before the 21st..

Going to be hot as hell, but oh well... Lots of sunscreen and an easy-up. Maybe some cold beverages. :)

-Dale