Vertical doors from PureMustangPerformance.com

FordStang

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2002
Orange Park, FL
Was checking the setup out that they make for the mustang and it looks darn good all direct bolt up ect. Called them today they said there is a special saving you 100 bucks so the price is only 1750. Not bad if it works as good as they say.

• Sponsors (?)

I saw some vertical doors on this Eclipse, junk. You had to open the doors as you normally would (almost all the way open), and then push them up. I don't know if the ones you're talking about function the same, but I don't see how else you could do it to your car without cutting something out.

No, they definately make some that go directly up and not out. Most of the hinges that come with the kits won't even allow the door to open out like it normally would (kinda common sense). But I have heard of one kit that opens out and up like you mention. When I was into imports www.decah.net was the popular choice, but I don't know if they make them for stangs.

I forgot something but my edit function is messed up. For all the applications i've seen, if its made for that car than there is no cutting required and can be installed in 4 hours without much difficulty.

I know someone that has them, and let me say it takes more time to install than they say. Also, there is some trimming to the inner fenders he had to do.

All in all it's a good kit. They could do a better job with the wiring into the doors though.

He likes it, and I think it looks really cool. I'll try to get some pics from him next week.

I talked to a guy who put them on a 03 Cobra and it took him longer than 4 hours. The bushing that came with the kit were junk, he had a machine shop make him some brass bushings. His opens out & up, don't know who made it.

a friend of mine was having them put on his s2000, but he changed his mind because after they had them on, the doors didnt open up far enough for let you get in/out comfortably. But I think that all kits open up a little bit like normal doors and then swing forward, they have to clear the frame..