Vibration Please Help

jas7865

Nov 9, 2004
My son has a 92 hatch that we converted to a 5.0 and the car has been running great ,except for the vibration and let me tell you it vibrates bad.Ive ruled out the possibility of the drive shaft because it does it setting still and gets worse when you rev it. Well heres the deal I put a 1999 Explorer engine in it and my question is ,Are the harmonic balancers different on the Explorer engines.The balancer and flywheel came off my 88 mustang lx 5.0 and we didnt have any vibration problems with either of them, and if they are different what is the imbalance of the Explorer engine.Please help before we fry this engine THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!! :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I would bet your problem is somewhere in the balancer. You probably should have purchased a new balancer for the engine when you installed it. They tend to be a wear item and I wouldn't recommend recycling a stock one. Not sure if they use the same flywheel or balancer. Best thing to do if knowone here knows, call a Ford dealer and see if the balancers are the same. The stock unbalance for the flywheel is 50oz. on the Mustang.

cevtv said:
;) I just didn't want to see him put a 28oz. on, and destroy his motor. :flag:

Me neither, that's why I changed the original post to the correct set up.

Off topic, but how did you find out how many cars like yours were made? I want to know how many 91 coupes were made in titanium frost. I remember you telling me a while back but I can't find the post.