volant intake???

spikeGT_99

May 3, 2004
Jackson, Ms
are these things worth it?? :shrug: just saw a pic of one and thought it looked awesome. i'm looking for a new intake and have been considering a k&n fipk or maybe a mac straight shot but i just heard of these and looked them up. any performance gains over k&n or mac? is it worth the extra cash?

thanks in advance. Spike.

• Sponsors (?)

DO NOT GET ONE!!!! You will be pissing away your money. I put one of these on my car the beginning of this year. Their quality is shiot. Their fit is shiot. And their customer support is shiot. The rubber hoses that come with it are about an inch and a half short, but I squirmed around and cranked down on the clamps real tight, and it just barely made it to the TB. The real problem is the box that houses the filter. That thing doesn't want to go in. I almost broke those steel hoses (air conditioning?) underneath and besides the box, not to mention putting a crimp in the radiator hose. Drove the car for 2 days with no noticeable gain, then I womped on it as I pulled out in front of somebody, and all heck broke loose. Loud noises and all kinds of warning lights and shiot, I mean this bizznatch was going down.( come to find out the damn hose popped off the TB. Anyway, sorry to ramble but this company and their product really pissed me off(still havent seen a refund). Save your money, go with the FIPK. I plan to get one in the near future. Hows that diablo working out for you. Ive been thinking of getting one of those lately as well as the FIPK.

wow im suprised, they advertise that their fit of the intake is perfect.l also their price is high you think that this thing would be good. i was going to get one also to replace the mac cai i have now.(also crap) i guess i will rethink the fipk2 and the strait shot after this post.

I have one, love it. Fit is tight, but better then most out there.

The inside is polished plastic.

The only reason most don't use this system is price only.

Looks WAY better then Steada or Mac IMOP. (chrome CAI look is played out)

Customer service was great, my was missing the rubber plug for the temp sensor.

Not sure what the hell happend to Alf, guess bad luck would be my guess.

They air mailed it and got it the next day ! (sat)

I would show a picture, but the car is in the body shop.

thanks for the feedback but now im really confused :bang: . Anyone else had an experience with these things??? Im curious cuz id like to have something on my stang that none of my friends have. thanks. and btw i love my predator, some people say u dont need them unless u got several mods but my stang acts like a different car and its gonna come in handy when i get my prochamber in later this week and get my gears (eventually) highly recomend it.

did yours come with the carbon fiber lid? did you get a choice between the carbon fiber and clear?

i only saw a clear lid once but it looked awsome, that is what i want if i order tjhis system.

I had a volant intake on my ford ranger and the quality and fit of that peice was Great! But then i had a telephone pole come through my engine bay and messed it all up! BEWARE it seems that these things cause front end damage!!! lol j/k once i rebuild my bank account back up from the current mods i'm doing i'm definately getting a volant intake.

Jake

ADRENLN said:
did yours come with the carbon fiber lid? did you get a choice between the carbon fiber and clear?

i only saw a clear lid once but it looked awsome, that is what i want if i order tjhis system.
it only come's with the carbon fiber one. the clear one was mocked up by volant just for the advertisment. i know i talked to them. as far as gains, can't really tell i installed when i did the 3.73. the biggest pain in the ass on the install was getting the filter clamped down in the box. also getting it on the tb was a little tricky. got mine on ebay for 110.00 new in box. one thing going for it is it is shielded from engine & that it is all plastic. will stay cooler than others. good quaility. here's some pic's. good luck!!!! :nice:

I have one on my F-350 diesel. I had to do a lot of grinding with the dremel tool to get things to fit, pieces were missing, instructions were horrible and not representative. Also it ruined my battery eventually because the installation bolts rubbed up against it. Their quality control is obviously horrible. I would stay away.

Complete Densecharger w/95mm MAF bench flow tested for my bullitt by
Pro-M :nice:

All shipped from Demolet motorsports ~$340. Doesn't look as great as the volant, but did give noticeable seat of the pants improvement. :D

John is the guy to talk with, Customer support is great and it only took about an hour to put the complete system on. There are great pictures on www.densecharger.com.