VT Stg 1 Cams at IDLE.

• Sponsors (?)

hotmustang331 said:
I have been worrying about that for a while....but the LTs are already here....along with my new O/R X. I think im going to wait on the instal for a while and buy myself a tubualr K member to make LT changouts a snap for inspections. Cant beat the power of LTs....shortys just wont get me to my 300RWHP goal.

And yes a helmet is needed :D . I have an openface motorcycle helmet that I use.
Hey did the exhaust get louder with the cams? I don't mean at idle, just overall while driving

BTW, stopped in Bastrop on our way to Austin this past weekend. Saw alot of open roads to have fun on but also saw plenty of cops :nice:

HoustonGT said:
Hey did the exhaust get louder with the cams? I don't mean at idle, just overall while driving

BTW, stopped in Bastrop on our way to Austin this past weekend. Saw alot of open roads to have fun on but also saw plenty of cops :nice:

Well not alot....but it did definatly get louder. Idle especially, but everywhere else seemed to also. :shrug:

You should have let me know you were in town, I may have been able to meet up with you somewhere :D . But I work from 6AM to 6PM on SAT...except this saturday. Hopefully Fun ford wont get rained out :nonono: .

Thanks for the replys guys...and good luck on your cams :nice: .

HoustonGT said:
hotmustang331 or csledd, which gears do you think would go best with some Stage 1 cams and their powerband? Would 3.90's work well?
well hot331 is running 3.73's I believe.. I dunno how happy he is with those though. I am running 4.10s with my Stage 2's and I love em.. since I lost some low end power it makes it a bit easier to daily drive it with those gears :) Personally I'd go at least 3.90's.. maybe 4.10s :) are you planning to run any nitrous or just N/A power?

csledd said:
well hot331 is running 3.73's I believe.. I dunno how happy he is with those though. I am running 4.10s with my Stage 2's and I love em.. since I lost some low end power it makes it a bit easier to daily drive it with those gears :) Personally I'd go at least 3.90's.. maybe 4.10s :) are you planning to run any nitrous or just N/A power?
Don't plan on nitrous but i do a good mount of highway driving and couldn't decide between 4.10's and 3.73's, so i figured 3.90's would work well and wouldn't be too bad with a vortech down the road

all I really do is highway driving. it depends on how fast you go. with stock gearing i use to drive 80+ all the time.. once the 4.10's went in I keep it at 70.. I guess the 4.10s potentially save me from speeding tickets :)

Well after just coming back from running at FFW in houston....the car defentaly needs more gear. Just as I pass the trapps, the speedo burries as it goes back into the powerband. 4.10s will go in when I buid up the rearend. :)

hotmustang331 said:
Well after just coming back from running at FFW in houston....the car defentaly needs more gear. Just as I pass the trapps, the speedo burries as it goes back into the powerband. 4.10s will go in when I buid up the rearend. :)
what have you been runnin for times lately? I think I'm heading to a track this coming week for some new times with the cams :D

hotmustang331 said:

What's this?.. hotmustang saying he needs 4.10's? :D haha just kidding.. So that means i'll probably need some 4.10's or something of the sort for cams :(

hmm... did someone say 4.56's? hahaha JUST KIDDING :jester: :D :rlaugh: