Walbro 255lph FP is installed!

red94fiveo

Apr 12, 2003
Wichita, KS
Just like it says above. Got it done this afternoon. The install was a lot less painful than I thought it would be. Maybe the thought of having to drop the fuel tank was intimdating me, but it was real straightforward. That being said I'm glad I had a friend because that motherf***er is heavy! But the car drives fine except for what I believe to be an unrelated problem mentioned below. No leaks. Oh, and I ate $16 for the filler neck grommet that I bought, the one in there looked like it was brand new - oh well.

One question - I know this is totally unrelated, but after installing and driving the car to fill up with gas, I am noticing an increased vibration (enough that I noticed it) from what feels like somewhere in my drivetrain. I can't imagine this has anything to do w/ the fuel pump install, the only thing I can think of is that I haven't driven my car in about a month. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

I installed a 255 and noticed some vibration too. Come to find out that one of the springs had rotated on the perch when I jacked the car up and was off the issolator touching the control arm. I spun back around and put it back on the issolator and had no more rattles. I have the eibach sportline springs. They are so short that I can remove them by just pulling them out with the car jacked up.