Want your glovebox autographed by Caroll Shelby?

jbsteven

Sep 4, 2004
I emailed them to see how much and how long to get a glovebox door autographed. Here is what I got as a response.

Mr. Shelby signs autographs for donations to Shelby Children's Foundation. The donation for an autographed glovebox is $200.00 plus $15.00 shipping and handling. The address is:

Shelby Children's Foundation
19021 S. Figueroa Street
Gardena, CA 90248

Please allow four to six weeks for your item to be returned. If you would like more information about the foundation please visit our website at www.shelbychildrensfoundation.org.

• Sponsors (?)

It's tax deductible and for a good cause. Everything ole Shel does these days is for the heart fund.

It's getting to the point where damn near every Shelby has his sig in it, even the ones done mostly by Ford.

Max Power said:
It's getting to the point where damn near every Shelby has his sig in it, even the ones done mostly by Ford.

Just another good reason why mine will never have his signature. I saw a 69 convertible at a car show the other day with his signature on the glovebox and it wasn't even a Shelby.....all I could think of was "what a poser".

A friend of mine told me that Shelby is probably trying to saturate the market with his signature that when he "goes" it won't be worth anything because everyone has one. Last I heard it was $100 for a glove box door? plus shipping. They must've upped the price.

I disagree with that theory.

I worked for a publisher that did a book on the Shelby Cobra, and when we had autograph signings, the line was around the block.

When he dies, the value should go straight up. It always works that way, as the supply becomes finite.

Personally, I kind of like having Shelby's signature on my glovebox door. I stood in line for it at a show, and the same day got Steve Saleen's signature too.

Last on my list is Roush, as I'd like to get the best of the 'modifiers' signed. I appreciate these names because of my respect for what they've done with Mustangs, rather than for any 'posing' purpose.

The nice thing about a glove box door, is that it can be taken off and replaced...

I agree with 69PaleHorse. I too have my glove box door signed.
I admire the guy for what he's done for the automotive world. Yes my car is a Shelby clone, (I can barely afford a clone) but I present it as such.

I got him to sign my helmet after open track at SAAC-18...don't remember if it cost anything back then. It's kind of a cool memento.

The way I see it, yes, it's for a good cause. The dude busted his ass and now his name is worth $$ so more power to him. Of course, if he was spending it all on booze and broads that would be cool too. :p

I must admit that it was cooler when it was a special thing you'd see from time to time on a real Shelby though.

I think having Shelby's signature on a Mustang would be cool. I wouldn't care whether the car was a Shelby or not. I'd be more inclined to like the signature on a car that is a little less collectable, but I could see putting it on a Shelby as well.

I have nothing but love for the man. Being that the money goes to charity, I'm even impressed that he raised the price. :nice: