warranty work denied by ford service dept.

Ford shops

Some shops want to make money while others want to prove what they think they know. This shop was trying to do both. They would make more money if you would pay for the repairs rather than using ford, with, ford hours.

There a lots of ford shops. Dont make them mad and have them red flag your car with ford warranty.

I would replace the shifter and pullies with the factory parts and take it to another dealer. You need to establish a good relationship with a service writer.

Dont try to win this battle, youll lose the war. Take it to another dealer; If they are slow they will want the warranty work.

• Sponsors (?)

Black2K1 said:
I took my car in this morining to one of the local ford dealers, the same dealer that sold me the car. I dropped it off to let them look at my destroyed right rear torque box. QUOTE]

I had the same issue with my 01 GT right rear torgue box destoryed, my car was already out of warranty when I noticed it but I had Fords body shop do the work, since I wanted Ford responsible for the repair incase it happens again. Anyway the body shop manager hinted that I must have been power braking and launching the car hard to cause the damage. That really pissed me off since I drive this car pretty normal compared to my 2000 WS6. Sorry to say it but these cars are pieces of crap and built like crap. They would have to be for the torque box welds to just break apart. My WS6 had over 100 more rwhp and never had any frame issues and beat the crap out of it. I guess I will be looking for a new car company to buy from. Ford has not impressed me at all.

My whole drivetrain warranty was voided with only 800 miles on the car, because of u/d pulleys, short throw shifter and a cold air intake. I told them about the magnuson/moss warranty act. Called a lawyer. Called Ford customer service and even talked to SEMA. All ended up telling me to basically go blow a goat. Ended up with a $900 bill from ford for work they did on my car. And no warranty. The dealerships could give a damn about a warranty or the laws. And they'll ford a warranty in a hearbeat and not budge. There lawyers are bigger and badder than ours.

Josh

The warranty situation does stink. I have had a valid warranty claim denied for stupid reasons. Mine was denied because the dealer was on probation for what Ford called excessive warranty work.

You can't blame Ford exclusively though. Do a search on this site and others and you will find many posts from people deliberatly trying to rip Ford off for warranty work. I have been an active member of this site for 2 years now and all too frequently someone has bragged about getting a new motor after blowing theirs with a supercharger typically because of a bad tune or no tune. They just remove the supercharger and all mods, take it in and whine. Another frequent one is complaining that Ford won't replace their intake after blowing it with a wet nitrous system. Unfortunately people with valid claims are the ones that suffer. Ford employees do visit these boards. I am by no means defending Ford or dealers but, their reaction is a little bit more understandable when you factor in the deceit that they see every day regarding warranty claims.

From what I understand you bought the car used. It could be the previous owner might have caused the damage or at least weakend the torque boxes from drag racing. Typically it takes slicks to break the torque boxes as the stock tires just don't have the traction to do that. Unfortunately that doesn't help your current situation.

This all kind-of reminds me of threads over in some Jeep groups. Over in those groups, there are Jeep owners who had their warranties voided because one service department determined that they drove their "trail-rated" Jeeps off roading on trails with mud and dirt.

So, if getting your Jeep muddy is "valid" cause for voiding a warranty, I guess having some fun with one's Mustang on the road, is too. :notnice: