WashMo66 coupe is back home... Pics

washMO66

Founding Member
Oct 30, 2001
Washington, MO
Long story short, sold my coupe 11 months ago, bought a S281E Saleen, wanted my classic back, sold Saleen, bought my coupe back today. Worth every penny.

Remember it used to be very fast with a bad 347ci, but not much to look at, now it is easier on the eyes and runs better than ever.

I sold it 11 months ago to a good friend, I consulted on the changes / upgrades as follows;

-House of Colors Silver, new quarters, door skins, trunk floor, cowl hood, bumpers etc etc....$reciept for $8K for the paint & body work
-Flaming River R&P (not impressed)
-SSBC 4 caliper front disc brakes (very impressed)
-Engine freshened, ring & Bearing and a CAM change from XE274HR to XE286HR, he took off my Vic JR and put on a *** polished Vic JR knock off, not liking that, will be changing back to my port matched Vic JR, polished wielend water pump, polished single wire alt
-C4 freshened, reverse manual valve body, transbrake (launched it off the transbrake on the street today full blast, nothing broke, good thing)
-new interior, dash, guages
-new custom stall (old was 2500, new seems to be around 3500)
-Two new shifters (probably will change the B&M to this radical race shifter he bought and never installed)
-Scat Procar buckets, not my choice, they will be going for a more race oriented seat (hint, hint - For sale cheap, no ship, come & get them)
-Killer billit steering wheel, again, not my choice, a little too blingy for me
-I still have two sets of wheels / tires, Vintage 50's will probably be for sale as I am going to continue to run the ET Streets
-Still has Currie 9" w Detroit true trac 3:73's, still has TCP uppers in the front, 5 leaf reverse eye in the rear. Love that Currie.....

When I sold it it was caged with the factory buckets and went 11.28's @ 119MPH. It will be the end of season before I get new times but I would venture to guess that it will have improved with the stall and cam upgrade.

Ignore the motor pics, it will be getting some Moroso welded valve covers, that polished *** crap intake will be gone, considering electric water pump & fan and that ugly air filter will be replaced with a tall K&N. I think I am going to have pro systems build me a custom carb so I will also have a mighty demon for sale....

Anyway. long winded but I had some fun today and my baby is back...

Pics as soon as my wife goes to bed and quits yelling at me to get off the PC....

• Sponsors (?)

I need some input on:

1. light hood springs for fiberglass hood - where to get them, what are the best?

2. How to fix this flaming river problem......

That's all I can think of for now.

Good to be back..

Congrats on getting your baby back! It's really looking sharp now!!
You did good on helping your friend pick out things to do to YOUR car. :nice:

I can't wait to see what times it will run now at the strip. I wanna see a 10.9 out of that naturally aspirated beast. I'm sure you haven't even thought of that.:D

I want to get an 11.9 in my car on my current 215 BFG drag radials before I get bigger tires. Have you ever run the MT ET Streets at the strip? Those are the tires I am thinking of getting. Or do you strictly run the slicks?

Vinyl66 said:
Congrats on getting your baby back! It's really looking sharp now!!
You did good on helping your friend pick out things to do to YOUR car. :nice:

I can't wait to see what times it will run now at the strip. I wanna see a 10.9 out of that naturally aspirated beast. I'm sure you haven't even thought of that.:D

I want to get an 11.9 in my car on my current 215 BFG drag radials before I get bigger tires. Have you ever run the MT ET Streets at the strip? Those are the tires I am thinking of getting. Or do you strictly run the slicks?

I ran ET Streets the first season I raced it and the next two I went to Hoosier slicks, the Hoosiers seemed to be a better tire. I will probably buy another set or Drag lites for the track and get some slicks and keep the ET Streets for the street, I get the feeling I am going to have traction problems with the brake and stall at the track

Automatic Shifter?

Nice Coupe!! I was wondering about the shifter you have. Is that a special kind of Automatic C4 Transmission? If so where can I get one and does it help with pick up and lowering rpms when on the highway?

LimeLight said:
Nice Coupe!! I was wondering about the shifter you have. Is that a special kind of Automatic C4 Transmission? If so where can I get one and does it help with pick up and lowering rpms when on the highway?

I'll venture to answer on washMO's behalf...

looks like a reverse pattern C4, and the button on the knob is for the trans brake. The 3500 stall converter and trans-brake will definatley give it more 'pick up', lol, but it won't lower the highway rpm's any.

I run 3.70 gears, C4 with 3500 stall, and a 25.8" tall tire, and I turn about 3000 rpm at somewhere between 55-60. I avoid the freeway if at all possible. The T5 I had was awesome on the freeway, but the C4 blows it away at the strip and on the highway.

302 coupe said:
I'll venture to answer on washMO's behalf...

looks like a reverse pattern C4, and the button on the knob is for the trans brake. The 3500 stall converter and trans-brake will definatley give it more 'pick up', lol, but it won't lower the highway rpm's any.

I run 3.70 gears, C4 with 3500 stall, and a 25.8" tall tire, and I turn about 3000 rpm at somewhere between 55-60. I avoid the freeway if at all possible. The T5 I had was awesome on the freeway, but the C4 blows it away at the strip and on the highway.

Thanks for answering on my behalf and you are on the money.

Reverse manual valve body C4 with a transbrake and two step module off of my 6AL box. Can't wait to get to the track.

I can only imagine how happy you are to have her back home again!

I cannot recommend which springs to use, some vendors sell softer springs that fit the factory hinges, but have you considered a small section of chain? You can use it to hold the hood up in the raised position and not need springs OR a prop-rod. Just a thought.

Trampoline springs for the hood, I think that's what Scott uses on his hood. You can pick some up at Ace Hardware I believe.

If you want to get real, I have a Liberty modified small in/out Toploader, McLeod aluminum flywheel, Lakewood Scattersheild, McLeod adjustable long style pressure plate, Ram solid hub, sintered bronze 6 puck disc and a Mr Gasket inline shifter (like a Hurst Vert-i-gate). hehe

1320stang said:
Trampoline springs for the hood, I think that's what Scott uses on his hood. You can pick some up at Ace Hardware I believe.

If you want to get real, I have a Liberty modified small in/out Toploader, McLeod aluminum flywheel, Lakewood Scattersheild, McLeod adjustable long style pressure plate, Ram solid hub, sintered bronze 6 puck disc and a Mr Gasket inline shifter (like a Hurst Vert-i-gate). hehe

Always have to shake things up larry.... I'll stick with the auto thanks..

Trampoline springs huh, happen to have some in the basement....