waxed and claybared the stang

1fun281

Mar 16, 2009
Atlanta Georgia
washed and claybared and waxed the stang yesterday, it came out alot better then what it was the pics dont do it justice. Their are still little problems that im working out but its coming along.

100_0357.jpg

100_0359.jpg

100_0365.jpg

100_0367.jpg

and a shot of the new headlights (i need a new front bumper ignore that) also a little mod me and my friends did we took the stock spoiler and moved it back so it hangs off the trunk lid, IMO it looks alot better hanging off the back. Let me know what you guys think
I also need to repaint the spoiler and get a new bumper ignore that too.

100_0358.jpg

100_0360.jpg

100_0362.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Very nice. I just moved my spoiler back last week, unfortunately since it hangs over the side of the trunk lid also, the rear fender is chipping off a small piece of the bottom corner of the spoiler. Its funny that you got your 99 right around the time I got mine and they also have the exact same scuff mark on the driver side of the bumper. Lucky you have black, since mines red, the paint on the plastic pieces of the car have faded differently than the other parts. And also now that I've moved my spoiler back, there are marks where it used to be on the trunk lid since the paint didn't fade underneath it, but its still worth it to have the spoiler look so much better.

Very nice. I just moved my spoiler back last week, unfortunately since it hangs over the side of the trunk lid also, the rear fender is chipping off a small piece of the bottom corner of the spoiler. Its funny that you got your 99 right around the time I got mine and they also have the exact same scuff mark on the driver side of the bumper. Lucky you have black, since mines red, the paint on the plastic pieces of the car have faded differently than the other parts. And also now that I've moved my spoiler back, there are marks where it used to be on the trunk lid since the paint didn't fade underneath it, but its still worth it to have the spoiler look so much better.

Yea thanks man i noticed that too we got them at the same time, moving the spoiler back was one of the best things i did, and the marks mine left came off pretty easy

Yea it was actually my first time waxing and claybarring soi was learning haha i know your good at your detailing.

I'm actually extremely intimidated by touching the paint on my car. I always feel like I'm going to ruin the paint every time I wash it. I guess I just have no confidence because I have no experience other than washing, drying and armor all-ing tires.

I'm actually extremely intimidated by touching the paint on my car. I always feel like I'm going to ruin the paint every time I wash it. I guess I just have no confidence because I have no experience other than washing, drying and armor all-ing tires.

Its really not that hard, if i did it right. I had some friends who have done it before help me and once you learn it you just have to be careful, one thing they told me was to be easy on the claybar on the edges because thats where the clearcoat gets thinner.

How did you get the marks off? I've tried a liquid wax, goo gone, and scratch remover and not a single one has worked at all.

They just came off when we did the wash, we started out washing the car with dish soap then after that we claybarred the whole car which i think helped in removing them, then we washed it again with regular car cleaner, then dried it and waxed it and they were pretty much gone i believe on one side it still shows a little bit but they definetly arent as noticable as before we did all the washing, try claybar the stuff works great.

Looks good man.

I got my GT when I was your age also. Mod slowly, don't blow all your money on stuff at once... it will get boring quickly when you are out of funds and can't mod for a while!!!

those dont look like severe swirls, but an eye sore if you understand what you are looking at. I commend your efforts though because even just a coat of wax is better than what the majority of cars get now days. It makes me sad to see some cars abused as they are.

For detailing advice and tips I STRONGLY recommend Autopia - Autopia Home. there are a ton of great people over there with a WIDE variety of different ways to perfect your car and car for your paint.

I know its a tad pricey, but Adam's Premium Detail Bag & Bucket Car Detailing Kit makes a great kit, and includes a Porter Cable, a dual action polisher, and they are super easy to use!!!

Looks good man.

I got my GT when I was your age also. Mod slowly, don't blow all your money on stuff at once... it will get boring quickly when you are out of funds and can't mod for a while!!!

Haha yea man thanks for the advice i caught the mod bug and cant wait to mod like crazy but im doing it slowly maybe one or two depending on the price, but one or two mods per paycheck.

I agree 100%, spend as much as you can on making it the best car you can and super dependable...then mod...

Thats exactly what i plan on doing, its also my daily driver so i need to make it the most reliable and best looking car before i mod it like crazy.

those dont look like severe swirls, but an eye sore if you understand what you are looking at. I commend your efforts though because even just a coat of wax is better than what the majority of cars get now days. It makes me sad to see some cars abused as they are.

For detailing advice and tips I STRONGLY recommend Autopia - Autopia Home. there are a ton of great people over there with a WIDE variety of different ways to perfect your car and car for your paint.

I know its a tad pricey, but Adam's Premium Detail Bag & Bucket Car Detailing Kit makes a great kit, and includes a Porter Cable, a dual action polisher, and they are super easy to use!!!

Thanks for the advice i know the car needs some work im thinking about possibly repainting the whole car when i get a new cobra hood and bumper, because the paints in fair shape. I only had the car for about a month, and the previous owners didnt take care of it nearly as well as i have/:nonono:. Plus the car has been getting beat on by the miami sun so that didnt help at all