Weird issue

Joshth24

Oct 6, 2011
Ok, got an 04 v6 with about 83k miles. Got in it last night to head home and as I started driving I noticed that it was sort of hesitating. Not super bad, but it was very noticeable. While cruising about 50-55 it felt kind of like it would surge a little here and there as if it get getting more power, and then would start acting up again. If I was driving a steady speed it wasnt noticeable, but as soon as I stepped on the gas I could tell something was wrong. The check engine light was flashing, which I have never seen before. Usually it just stays on steady. Anyways as I was heading to Oreillys to have them pull a code, it just cleared up on its own and drove fine the rest of the way. The problem lasted for maybe 6-8 miles or so. Had them pull a code and it pulled a cylinder 1 misfire code.

No idea why cylinder 1 would misfire for a short time and then clear up. the plugs, wires and coil were replaced a little over a year ago. I had just filled up a couple hours before this, is it possible i got some crappy gas? Or is there something else that can cause this issue? As of now the problem hasn't come back but Ive only driven it maybe 10 miles since it happened.

Any help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)