Went to the track yesterday.....

ran a best of 12.90 at 105.5mph with a 1.70 60' on 275 40 r17 et street radials. left the line at about 5k with no problems. I was pretty impressed, next time I go I will be removing the front sway bar and strut tower brace as well as spare tire. I'm hoping for mid 12's with that what do yall think???

• Sponsors (?)

Nice. Those tires work I see.

You must need more rear gear for the combo as you mph no where near what your dyno numbers are. My car is the same way but I never dynoed.

nice run :nice: :scratch: question. if you drop .1 off 60' .2 comes off et generaly speaking. so lets say i had a 1.7 60' that would give me about the same results as you right? hows that possible if you have 320rwhp :scratch: would my mph go down. im almost at 105 spinning second on street tires.

yea I would think my mph would be higher too:shrug: but it isnt, unless the track is off for some reason, which I doubt. I have 3:73 gears dunno if that has anything to do with it. After my SCT tune I put down 320hp to the wheels and 350tq. I'll find the disk with my dyno graph and try and post them up for yall to see. But yea I think the speed does seem low but about right for the 1/4 mile time. My buddy with an '02 camaro was running 11.90 at 120mph the same day so I dunno if that tells ya anything

I was witness to these runs and was a little suprised by the mph, hell i even ran the car twice and it felt just as strong up top and it did at launch so i dont really know what the deal is. It didnt seem like anything was wrong as far as the timeing equipment was concerned :shrug: and thankyou again for letting me drive it, it was a blast :flag:

on a side note i had some fun running my bone stock '04 ram down the track, 15.5 @ 87 hahahaha better that i thought it would do though

[QUOTE='95svtcobra]really? what gear would u suggest?[/QUOTE]

Do you have the dyno sheet to post? It could also be bad shifting and/or not shifting at the right rpm. Where did you shift? A 4.10 gear would most likely help. Lets see the graph first.

I was shifting every gear at about 5,800 and that seemed to work. My car made power until then I believe on the dyno sheet. I'm back at school now and dont have my dyno graph disk with me I will try and run back and get it this week. Like I said I launched the car at about 5k with no probs hooked up wonderfully and pulled a 1.7 60'. My shifts were kinda slow because I let off the gas everytime no power shifting but I dunno why the mph is low. maybe I will look into some 4:10's with my 3:73 I tach 2,500rpm at 80mph what would I be doing with 4:10?s