Progress Thread We're Back And With A New Project. Build Thread!

VibrantRedGT

"STANGNET'S PENGUIN SMACKER"
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Boca Raton, Florida
It's been awhile since I've posted. Roger (Green94 5.0) and I just took delivery of our latest project. Although it is not a 94-95 this has been our forum for 11 years for me now. We've regretted selling our 94's and have been in need of project for quite sometime. Well the day has finally come.

It's a 1992 Mustang GT, 5 Speed, fresh black paint, grey cloth interior, Weld Wheels with skinnies up front, fatties out back, 3:73 gears, cold A/C and the best part is a stock 104,000 mile 5.0. With the great foundation all it needs is lots of parts. Well we have parts galore-GT40X Aluminum Heads, Edelbrock RPM Intake, TFS Stage I Cam, Pro-M 80MM MAF, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Tweecer, Suspension parts, Nitrous Kit and more (see picture). Most came from my 94 when it had the 302 in it.

Pictures are a bit dark. Lots more pictures will come in the next few days. We will also start tearing it down to the block. We hope to get a 11.99 in the quarter when all said and done with the nitrous on.

Here we go.

Mustang925.jpg

Mustang921.jpg

Mustang922.jpg

Mustang923.jpg

Mustang926.jpg

5cc6e102.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Well, one of the taillights has a crack in it so the retention of the cheese grater lights will depend on where we get the best deal. The welds are definitely staying though. The only other non stock addition to the outside that I want is the saleen spoiler, but that is way down the road. The half an engine worth of parts in my garage from the previous projects goes on first. It feels really good to be back!

Well, one of the taillights has a crack in it so the retention of the cheese grater lights will depend on where we get the best deal. The welds are definitely staying though. The only other non stock addition to the outside that I want is the saleen spoiler, but that is way down the road. The half an engine worth of parts in my garage from the previous projects goes on first. It feels really good to be back!

If you get another set of Cheese graters, they really should be painted to match the car. LX lights can just be bolted up with no paint work.

Kurt

It didn't take but a few seconds and the work began.

The parts.
8df576b9.jpg

Rog running the Tweecer-wanted to check everything to see if ok. Just the TPS sensor is way off 1.2v.
e9dd5a1b.jpg

My little guy even tuned the car with his "CARS" laptop.
e338e166.jpg

71224ed7.jpg

1cf10c5b.jpg

Getting the intake ready.
a8adc690.jpg

e3621460.jpg

My 12 year old getting to do prep work.
7ab98d77.jpg

Looking good! Can't wait to see the engine all put together! Are you going to upload a nice video of it idling and maybe a nice 0-60 vid too!
I think thats a record. Less than 36 hours from buying the car, the motor is stripped to the block except for 1 head. In the 5 years its been since we were here last, I think we both forgot just how brutal working on these things can be. My back, arms, and neck are killing me and I think we might need to get Joe a wheelchair to get him around this week.