What A Bunch Of Fragments We All Are

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
So I guess this is it then? All of us talking about building and or driving our cars, but none of us ever seeing the guy (or girl) on the other end of this screen. No mention of any formalized get together, and no one stepping up and saying that they intend to go to one.

For the 500 plus members that populate the Fox section alone, I think that is pretty pitiful.

You go over to SEFB, and that site is buzzing like a hive over the anticipated launch of Mustang Week next week,... w/ over 100 members alone coming from as far away as 8-9 hours committing to club functions get togethers, and activities.
but here it's................................................................................................................................:sleep:

The Hotrod power tour went by on here w/o even as much as a hiccup.
Several NMRA events gone by w/ the same lack of interest.

Even when there is a announcement of a "thing" (i.e. Carlisle) the threads dies a horrible, lonely death after being kept alive for a couple of days by the two or three attendees from this site that went there.

Who here actually "drives" your cars farther than one tank of gas can get you?:shrug:

What's the point of building a 500 whp (or more) combo, if the end result is a car that is so unreliable/uncomfortable/un economical to drive it means that a 50 mile round trip is the extent of what you relegate your car to.

"Yeah, it goes really fast,.... but only in a straight line, and not a very long straight line at that.":banana:

I for one intend to go to the last 2.5 days of the week long event in Myrtle Beach. I did after all build the car for things like this. ( As well as the local cruise ins and getting groceries)

Anybody else?

This place is like the movie "Groundhog day". Every day, exactly the same questions that were asked the month/week/day before, w/ only the occasional "cool build thread" ( you know who you are) update to keep people from shooting themselves in the head.

I think it's actually more fun to drive the car than to sit here and write about it.
But maybe it's just me.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Im part of a local club that has a large forum. They are very active with cruises, meets, car shows, dyno days, race days, blah blah blah. I couldn't imagine the difficulty organizing the first annual "Stangnet 5.0 Talk - face to face car show"

Everyone would probably stand in groups discussing one worn out topic with random people lurking and interjecting with random, unrelated comments. Would we know how to act in front of each other without a computer screen to boost our courage to say whatever?!?! I shudder at the fact that I'd have to put on pants and go into public to talk about my hobby.

:D

well if you hate it so much around here why don't you go join that club/ forum with 1000 members going to the big hang out 8-9 hours away ???

I don't think this site will ever be like that, and I have other things to do than just live my life around internet forums and mustang events. Im sure pretty much everyone else does as well. This site is for the owner to make money of advertising and for people like us to complain about everything that happens in life and to our cars.

well if you hate it so much around here why don't you go join that club/ forum with 1000 members going to the big hang out 8-9 hours away ???

I don't think this site will ever be like that, and I have other things to do than just live my life around internet forums and mustang events. Im sure pretty much everyone else does as well. This site is for the owner to make money of advertising and for people like us to complain about everything that happens in life and to our cars.

Ok, we're not going to end up jumping on each other because you don't like the fact that I spent money on a car despite owing the IRS are we?

Where did I say that I hated it around here? Just because it "is" doesn't mean that I have to like it all the time. I have a life other than this forum as well, I liken participation in this forum to talking to you (or whoever) just as if you were standing here. As for my life revolving around it? The one thing that I can't say is that I've been here at this same site for 7 years, and over 4000 posts complaining about people who complain about people.;)

My point was that if another site could muster up significant group participation for organized annual events, you'd think you'd see at least something here as well, pretty simple.

Hell Mike... You only live like 6 hours away and still haven't stopped by to do the body work on my Fox. :shrug:

I'm sorry for that, I must've missed the Annual "Noobzwants me to do his bodyworkfest" announcement flyer that you didn't circulate.:cool:

Im part of a local club that has a large forum. They are very active with cruises, meets, car shows, dyno days, race days, blah blah blah. I couldn't imagine the difficulty organizing the first annual "Stangnet 5.0 Talk - face to face car show"

Everyone would probably stand in groups discussing one worn out topic with random people lurking and interjecting with random, unrelated comments. Would we know how to act in front of each other without a computer screen to boost our courage to say whatever?!?! I shudder at the fact that I'd have to put on pants and go into public to talk about my hobby.

:D

Until you get to actually talk to me for real,.you'll just have to go on thinking I'm a dick then.:nice:
The whole purpose of the actual car show/face to face meetings is to prove to everyone that we actually have a car.
If this is all we have/need then why even bother to have a real car.

Make one up. Who's gonna ck you?

Ok, we're not going to end up jumping on each other because you don't like the fact that I spent money on a car despite owing the IRS are we?

Where did I say that I hated it around here? Just because it "is" doesn't mean that I have to like it all the time. I have a life other than this forum as well, I liken participation in this forum to talking to you (or whoever) just as if you were standing here. As for my life revolving around it? The one thing that I can't say is that I've been here at this same site for 7 years, and over 4000 posts complaining about people who complain about people.;)

My point was that if another site could muster up significant group participation for organized annual events, you'd think you'd see at least something here as well, pretty simple.

I'm sorry for that, I must've missed the Annual "Noobzwants me to do his bodyworkfest" announcement flyer that you didn't circulate.:cool:

Until you get to actually talk to me for real,.you'll just have to go on thinking I'm a **** then.:nice:
The whole purpose of the actual car show/face to face meetings is to prove to everyone that we actually have a car.

If you'd like to give me the money for travel and put me up in a hotel I'd be happy to go with you mike. Fact is the economy sucks right now and I have four kids to raise. We have two paid off cars, no credit cards outstanding, one small home improvement loan and a house payment. And we BARELY make it each month. I will go to mustang week one day, but that day won't be anytime soon.

If you'd like to give me the money for travel and put me up in a hotel I'd be happy to go with you mike. Fact is the economy sucks right now and I have four kids to raise. We have two paid off cars, no credit cards outstanding, one small home improvement loan and a house payment. And we BARELY make it each month. I will go to mustang week one day, but that day won't be anytime soon.

Not saying everyone has to go there bud,..I have to pick and choose my fights just like the rest of us.
Again, I'm just surprised at the lack of ANY response.

? :scratch:

Until you get to actually talk to me for real,.you'll just have to go on thinking I'm a **** then.:nice:

Hmmmm I guess I'll make a "meet the hoopty" video when I get back from the in-laws house later.

when was that? Can't blame the ecomomy, cause it's alive and well in other places today.

Nearing 10 years ago now, probably. There'd be 2-3 pages of new threads in here every day. There used to be 20-30 guys from MA/CT who'd meet up for the Mustangs Unlimited car shows 3x per year, nevermind Carlisle.

Well, as a whole of course the Stangnet community isn't as centrally-located like that of Southeastern Fox Bodies. That alone will make or break the scheduling of events, especially considering they're all quite close to the week-long Mustang Week.

All the old local guys I used to hang with, who were here on Stangnet all the time, most of them haven't been Mustang owners in years. But many still are, and they are mostly active on the club's own web forums. Why replicate everything on another site when one does just fine? They become less active on other web forums because they get nothing else out of doing so, and with that over time they just forget about it. I can only assume the same holds true for most.

Where I am now near Detroit, we have the country's largest Mustang club yet no web forums on the club's website. However a great bunch of us stay in touch via Facebook to see who's doing what/when and to set up meeting times for caravans and the like. With the ease of doing so, and sharing with everyone who's already there, again it raises the point of "why go elsewhere when you have everything you need here already". Again I can only assume that many others and their locals do it the same way. With the Facebook groups and ability to basically replicate a forum in a simple "blog" style format, it seems less and less are interested in a traditional web forums site as time goes on :shrug:

Cliff Notes:

Mike wants everyone to gather at his house for 3 or 4 weeks, this coming spring. He's providing the room and board. All you need to bring is your favorite beer and someone to keep you warm at night.

Well, as a whole of course the Stangnet community isn't as centrally-located like that of Southeastern Fox Bodies. That alone will make or break the scheduling of events, especially considering they're all quite close to the week-long Mustang Week.

All the old local guys I used to hang with, who were here on Stangnet all the time, most of them haven't been Mustang owners in years. But many still are, and they are mostly active on the club's own web forums. Why replicate everything on another site when one does just fine? They become less active on other web forums because they get nothing else out of doing so, and with that over time they just forget about it. I can only assume the same holds true for most.

Where I am now near Detroit, we have the country's largest Mustang club yet no web forums on the club's website. However a great bunch of us stay in touch via Facebook to see who's doing what/when and to set up meeting times for caravans and the like. With the ease of doing so, and sharing with everyone who's already there, again it raises the point of "why go elsewhere when you have everything you need here already". Again I can only assume that many others and their locals do it the same way. With the Facebook groups and ability to basically replicate a forum in a simple "blog" style format, it seems less and less are interested in a traditional web forums site as time goes on :shrug:

Ahh, finally something that makes sense. (Thanks Ozz)
I can understand that a large urban area like a Detroit, (especially a Detroit) has a fairly large contingent gathering at the local cruise ins on any given weekend. That doesn't replace the Carlisle's or the MW's that have a thousand participants, over the course of an entire week. If this forum was entirely populated w/ big city dwelling members, then I'd get it, but the fact of the matter is that it isn't.
I understand that MW is convenient for the entire lower east coast to get to as opposed to somebody from middle America, but a weekend cruise night is not the same event regardless. That is why the good guys events are packed, the NMRA events have 300 mustangs in attendance at the show, and MW is as big as it is. People go to these things because they are NOT the same as staying home. (I realize you have a big assed lake attached to your town, but an Atlantic Ocean it aint.) For just about everyone else, in just about every large city ( that doesn't have a Great lake have attached to it) there are alternative reasons for going to an event like this one, w/ the aforementioned large body of water being just one of them,........getting out of town being another. Regardless of how the information is disseminated, there is still an abhorrant lack of interest here. That lack of interest maybe the reason for the non participation here, but there is still good old fashioned web usage going on at the SEFB forum for those that still like to see a large get together to share in the event in Myrtle Beach.

Maybe I've been living in a secondary market too long. The cruise scene around here is the same regardless of what weekend you go. Sure there are 150-200 cars in attendance, but once you've seen a car one week, it's still the same car the next.
I'll go to MW because it's a perfect opportunity to see what I don't see every weekend here.

Cliff Notes:

Mike wants everyone to gather at his house for 3 or 4 weeks, this coming spring. He's providing the room and board. All you need to bring is your favorite beer and someone to keep you warm at night.

Pi ss off Noobz, you can stay in your box and sweat (or freeze) your balls off for all I care.:fuss:

Did you fix your unintelligible blather in the other thread yet?