What about this blower?

• Sponsors (?)

Thinking about a blower and well I want some info on this one

I just got done putting mine on. I bought it for $1785 shipped with about 2k miles from a reputable guy.

I love it! Sounds great, install was good, goes fast, oh yeah and it sounds great (I have a V1). :nice:

Add about a grand onto the final price and you'll end up with what it will really cost you. :)

I didn't use the boost retard, T-rex (Yet) or any of the air intake tubing

I already had a twEECer, wideband, DataQ and 255lph fuel pump, the oil pan tap.

Also bought:
42lb injectors
90mm LMAF (shoulda went bigger, it's 0.1v from being pegged) :( :)
GM 3bar MAP sensor
AFM Powerpipe
Better elbow for AFM powerpipe
Colder plugs (Autolite 24s at 0.028)
Misc vacuum lines, 1in tubing
Better fitting to go between block and vortech oil T
Oil change
Punches for oil pan

Need to buy:
Methanol kit
Spark box

Takes a good weekend to install. The a/c line is a beast. I used some teflon paste on the oil fittings and after having one small leak out of the T, I got that fixed and it is solid now.

You want a tune. It's cheap insurance and will get you awesome drivability and power. A real no-brainer.

Ton of pictures from my install here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wesratcliff/collections/72157600779321668/

I did it over the course of about 4 weekends in 2-3hour chunks and daily drove the car during the week except for the last week.

The kit itself was very easy to install. Lining up the AFM powerpipe was the biggest pain.

Wes

Ugh... that's not good news (for me). :nonono:

Yeah I was hoping to get a bit more headroom out of it, especially on stock heads/cam. Using it in a draw through setup.

I think it'll hang on for me for the time being. I've got some more WOT tuning to do but I can fudge it a bit in the tune if it pegs - it won't be by much if it does peg.

Wondering how cold air affects air mass.

Next meter is most likely a SCT Big Air.

Wes

I just got done putting mine on. I bought it for $1785 shipped with about 2k miles from a reputable guy.

I love it! Sounds great, install was good, goes fast, oh yeah and it sounds great (I have a V1). :nice:

Add about a grand onto the final price and you'll end up with what it will really cost you. :)

I didn't use the boost retard, T-rex (Yet) or any of the air intake tubing

I already had a twEECer, wideband, DataQ and 255lph fuel pump, the oil pan tap.

Also bought:
42lb injectors
90mm LMAF (shoulda went bigger, it's 0.1v from being pegged) :( :)
GM 3bar MAP sensor
AFM Powerpipe
Better elbow for AFM powerpipe
Colder plugs (Autolite 24s at 0.028)
Misc vacuum lines, 1in tubing
Better fitting to go between block and vortech oil T
Oil change
Punches for oil pan

Need to buy:
Methanol kit
Spark box

Takes a good weekend to install. The a/c line is a beast. I used some teflon paste on the oil fittings and after having one small leak out of the T, I got that fixed and it is solid now.

You want a tune. It's cheap insurance and will get you awesome drivability and power. A real no-brainer.

Ton of pictures from my install here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wesratcliff/collections/72157600779321668/

I did it over the course of about 4 weekends in 2-3hour chunks and daily drove the car during the week except for the last week.

The kit itself was very easy to install. Lining up the AFM powerpipe was the biggest pain.

Wes

Nice car man,. I did not notice it was a white on white. I have YET to see one like yours on the road.

Let me get this straight, you ran a 14.0 with an auto with simply slicks, msd and pulleys!! What was your secret? or did I miss a mod or something? That's an incredible time.:nice:

Nice car man,. I did not notice it was a white on white. I have YET to see one like yours on the road.

Let me get this straight, you ran a 14.0 with an auto with simply slicks, msd and pulleys!! What was your secret? or did I miss a mod or something? That's an incredible time.:nice:

I've seen one other white on white around here - some older woman drives it. This is my 2nd convertible with a white top and also my last. The white top is too hard to keep clean.

I wish I ran a 14.0 with just those mods. The 14.03 was with all mods in the signature link minus the Vortech and related bits (powerpipe, injectors, maf).

Wes

EDIT: Added a bit more detail to my track notes to show where the mods went in at.