What adjustable drag suspension would you choose???

Dan Gray

Founding Member
Oct 27, 2002
Coquitlam, BC, Canada
I drive/race an 89 mustang hatchback as a daily driver that runs in the high 11's. My front suspension is completely stock and i would like to change it for better weight tranfer at the track but its still a daily driver. So im looking into adjustable suspension. I was just going to install the comp engineering 90/10 struts and trick springs but im wondering if i should spend a little more money and just get adjustable struts. Has anyone found adjustable struts that work both like 90/10's for the track and 50/50 for the street and that is easily adjusted without removing the strut??

Then what about springs, or should i step up and swap to a coil over step up. Im just starting planning now for my setup for next year and i would like people opinions on what you have and what you have learned.

Dan

• Sponsors (?)

Coilovers up front are a very good idea, they will allow you to adjust things much easier in the future.

I would go with a Strange Adj strut up front, and a Strange adj shock out back. They will act like a full out drag strut/shock at the track and with a few clicks they will work like a stock replacement.

A stock GT spring actually works well in the rear.