What Color

It appears the did some Foxbody mustangs in 92 Ultra Blue. I think this is my color.
Link to Ultra Blue info
Yep, that's your color, very nice btw.

I'm eager to see how the kona blue sprays out. I really like the original picture on this thread. That blue does look good.

Just from memory of cars I've shot with kona though, I think it's darker than that.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Is this original paint ? If not and you got it done, they did a great job. How much does paint that good run ?
It was repainted about 3 years ago, black was also the original color , single stage just like the factory. Didn't need any body work, I've had it since new and took pretty good care of it. Stager's in Lincoln Park NJ did it for 3,500 bucks, but I do have a relationship with them through my work, they do all the body and paint on our fleet trucks. Thanks for the compliment it's much appreciated

Reactions: 1 users
Pretty sure yours is ultra blue/titanium

Prob one of my fave fox GT two tone combos. Next was that green two tone shade. Anyone know that name?

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

It's a very unique grayish green. I think @84Ttop 's '15 is guard under the wrap.
@Mustang5L5
This was my Guard car before it was wrapped
DSC_0778_phixr.jpg

DSC_0802_phixr.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Like the wrap(and understand why you used it) but that Guard color is damn sexy on that car. Does the wrap effect the paint underneath over time?
Thanks! The wrap does not affect the paint at all, in fact it protects it. When I peel the wrap of this coming spring the paint will be brand spanking new. I've actually decided to ceramic coat the car after it is peeled. I never realized just how many Guard cars they wouldn't make, my original intention was to stand out with the car and I actually feel that Guard will still set the car apart from most of the other colors.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks! The wrap does not affect the paint at all, in fact it protects it. When I peel the wrap of this coming spring the paint will be brand spanking new. I've actually decided to ceramic coat the car after it is peeled. I never realized just how many Guard cars they wouldn't make, my original intention was to stand out with the car and I actually feel that Guard will still set the car apart from most of the other colors.

I like it a lot. I parked close to one a few days back and had to stop and admire it. Very nice!

what is going on with your wheel studs/bolts?
a heads up in case you are not aware, but there is no way those are legal for track use.

That's my son's car. When we were painting it, he screwed around and lost some of his shiny front acorn nuts, so he has some stock acorn nuts that are hard to see. The car came with the longer race style studs in the rear, and it has open ended acorn nuts there too. It's not pretty, but it's perfectly safe, and I'm not buying them twice for him.. He's aware of it but more interested in spending his money elsewhere apparently.. And he won't be taking his daily to the track.

Thanks for the critque though.

Well, here's kona blue:
image.jpeg

It looks dark in the booth, but so did my red car and it looked brighter by far in the sun. I'll try to get a sunlight picture.

Reactions: 3 users
Dave that looks awesome.

I'm starting to think the color I posted is closer to Viper Blue (1996 GTS Blue), not the correct name but pretty close

Dave that looks awesome.

I'm starting to think the color I posted is closer to Viper Blue (1996 GTS Blue), not the correct name but pretty close
Yeah, I think kona is a bit darker. In the morning when the sun is coming in the door by my booth, I'll post a picture then. It might look brighter then.

That's my son's car. When we were painting it, he screwed around and lost some of his shiny front acorn nuts, so he has some stock acorn nuts that are hard to see. The car came with the longer race style studs in the rear, and it has open ended acorn nuts there too. It's not pretty, but it's perfectly safe, and I'm not buying them twice for him.. He's aware of it but more interested in spending his money elsewhere apparently.. And he won't be taking his daily to the track.

Thanks for the critque though.
Hmmm, pretty sure acorn nuts would not work on my Welds... must have changed them over the years.
Just so you know... neither the first post nor this one was/is not meat to be a jack-o-lantern.
Unlike meanie head N8 would suggest :).

Hmmm, pretty sure acorn nuts would not work on my Welds... must have changed them over the years.
Just so you know... neither the first post nor this one was/is not meat to be a jack-o-lantern.
Unlike meanie head N8 would suggest :).

Weld wheels do not use acorn nuts. The Jegs and Summit brand copies (that are on this car because the boy likes the look, but isn't drag racing) do.