What do you guys think about this?

Ilya

Jul 7, 2005
Bay Area, CA
I have been told that putting a procharger into a 99 GT would be a really good idea.. I think I can afford it if I can find a GT with under 50k miles for ~10k.. Is this a good idea? Would I need to beef up the transmission/engine at all? If I get the complete kit, what else would you recommend I get? How much would any extra components (outside of the procharger itself) cost?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Ilya said:
I have been told that putting a procharger into a 99 GT would be a really good idea.. I think I can afford it if I can find a GT with under 50k miles for ~10k.. Is this a good idea? Would I need to beef up the transmission/engine at all? If I get the complete kit, what else would you recommend I get? How much would any extra components (outside of the procharger itself) cost?

Thanks!

it all depends on how much boost you want too run. those kits come with everything you need for a small amount of boost. .. but i would get a dyno tune. better tires. and if a stick a better clutch.

depends, if you just want the procharger and don't want any more power out of it then, i would say you should be ok. but if you wanted more power, or if you get the bolt on "bug". then i think you would need to upgrade your internals and maybe your fuel system, i'm not 100% sure what is included in that kit. just curious why you would go with a pro-charger? why not a vortech or a KB ????

04gtdrop said:
depends, if you just want the procharger and don't want any more power out of it then, i would say you should be ok. but if you wanted more power, or if you get the bolt on "bug". then i think you would need to upgrade your internals and maybe your fuel system, i'm not 100% sure what is included in that kit. just curious why you would go with a pro-charger? why not a vortech or a KB ????

the procharger is a very good supercharger. nothing wrong with it. setup right ( with a well built motor) you can rape a KB car.

04gtdrop said:

I just heard about a Procharger.. the kit is ~$4,000. It's not the best option?

Also, my car would be used mainly for the street, not for auto-x or track use. Of course I would take it to the track to see what I can run, but that wouldn't be a weekly thing (or even a monthly thing). I just want a fun car to drive around and scare some ricers. :)

are you set on a GT? for the same price you could snag a lower mileage [but older] cobra a 96 or 97. you can make better power for the same price they respond better to blowers having extra valves for breathing

FST FORD said:
are you set on a GT? for the same price you could snag a lower mileage [but older] cobra a 96 or 97. you can make better power for the same price they respond better to blowers having extra valves for breathing

I believe that 96/97 Cobras are more expensive and generally have more miles than a 99 GT.