What do you guys think of WATER WETTER?

PonyBoy90

Founding Member
Aug 30, 2002
Toronto
I was in the parts store today and came across the bottles of Redline "Water Wetter". The fluid looks like fruit punch and is supposed to lower your running temps by 20 F degrees. Any truth to this?????????????

A couple more questions. Can I add this to my existing mix of Prestone Green 50/50 mix coolant? Would I add this stuff directly into the rad, or into the overflow bottle? How much of this stuff would I be putting into my cooling system?

By the way, my car is a 1990 5.0 LX all stock cooling system.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Works better with as little anti-freeze as possible in the mix. Follow the directions. I use it in all my cars and I doubt you will see a 20 deg drop, unless your stuff runs around 250 and you use straight water with the wetter, but it is cheap insurance like he said.

I dont use wetting agents on stuff much, even here in the desert.

I would not use it as a means to make a car run cooler. If the car runs hot, an issue needs addressing. And once it runs cool, I dont see the need. That is just me and I am an oddball.

I used it in my 1989 Bronco II ... I had aftermarket guages and with a stock 198 thermostat it ran at 210 after it was warmed up around town. All I did was pour
in a bottle of the Water Wetter and from then on it stayed at 199.

Good stuff.

Water Wetter ??????

PonyBoy90 said:
I was in the parts store today and came across the bottles of Redline "Water Wetter". The fluid looks like fruit punch and is supposed to lower your running temps by 20 F degrees. Any truth to this?????????????

A couple more questions. Can I add this to my existing mix of Prestone Green 50/50 mix coolant? Would I add this stuff directly into the rad, or into the overflow bottle? How much of this stuff would I be putting into my cooling system?

By the way, my car is a 1990 5.0 LX all stock cooling system.

Thanks

I have used this for several years and think it is a good product and well worth the cost.

Joe :flag:

Mav, have you considered running a bottle of anti-rust and lubricant with the straight water?
Were I running straight water, I would use two of those and perhaps a wetting agent.

Daggar said:
So then I'm NOT the only one that knows this! :rolleyes:

What? Hes and oddball or the WW doesnt seem to do much of anything? :D

WW didnt help my cooling problem. Like Hissin said, if you have a problem, this aint gonna fix it. A bigger rad and elec. fan solved mine. My dads 5.0 t-bird got a rad cleaning and new fan clutch. They were both starting to heat up at idle with AC on. That reminds me, I need to get out to his house and fix up his ride. He is driving a chevy. :notnice: His bird needs only a MC. :flag:

HISSIN50 said:
Mav, have you considered running a bottle of anti-rust and lubricant with the straight water?
Were I running straight water, I would use two of those and perhaps a wetting agent.

I've never had a problem with rust building up in my radiator probably because I only run it in summer so it's only in there 6 months or so and then it gets flushed out. The Water Wetter is used as the lubricant and it works good.

maverick0716 said:
I've never had a problem with rust building up in my radiator probably because I only run it in summer so it's only in there 6 months or so and then it gets flushed out. The Water Wetter is used as the lubricant and it works good.
:nice:

i have several friends that run it in there dirt track cars.they run straight water and 2 bottles of ww.they said it takes 2 to make a diference.i've run it in my cars and didn't see a difference but i didn't have an overheating problem to begin with.