What Does TB and Plenum do to gas mileage?

• Sponsors (?)

a lot of consideration goes into my mods..and not being wealthy..not by a long shot--I have to worry about small stuff like that...Hell---I'd probably already have a vortech strapped on if it weren't for the hi octane gas factor....and them prices ain't getin any cheaper

Please keep the responses coming...

thanks...

If you want a car that is efficient on fuel...go get a honda, and be slow! Stangs are not meant to be easy on gas, however compared to a lot of vechicles a mustang gets pretty good gas milage! Before I got my stang I drove a 99dodge ram with a 360 and 44in super swampers!
To answer you question, the TB, Plenum and other bolt on mods ( pullies, cold air) and exhaust mods make your car perform better by increasing the motors efficency by getting colder air in faster and getting it out faster as well. This will only help your gas milage. ;-)

red98_gt said:
If you want a car that is efficient on fuel...go get a honda, and be slow! Stangs are not meant to be easy on gas, however compared to a lot of vechicles a mustang gets pretty good gas milage! Before I got my stang I drove a 99dodge ram with a 360 and 44in super swampers!
To answer you question, the TB, Plenum and other bolt on mods ( pullies, cold air) and exhaust mods make your car perform better by increasing the motors efficency by getting colder air in faster and getting it out faster as well. This will only help your gas milage. ;-)

Wow!!!! Everyone here sure is f'in helpful!!! I don't need the wise ass comments....just a decent friggin response....but it's all good....

I didn't know if the extra air coming in would raise combustion temperatures to the point where the computer compensated for it by pushing in more fuel...which does happen in some cars....