What front drag struts for a lowered car?

Grn92LX

Fidanza Man!
Founding Member
Jan 14, 2001
New York
I just ordered a set of UPR dbl adjustable upper control arms and I already have a set of MM lca's. I run tokico lowering springs with tokico non adj shocks/struts all around. What would be the best drag strut for my application? I have a 5 spd car. Im pretty sure a 90/10 would be too violent for a stick car. Would a lakewood 70/30 be a good choice?

Im going to set the pinion angle when I put the uppers in and im going to be running a MT drag radial. I have removed my front swaybar.

• Sponsors (?)

Rick 91GT said:
Strange Adjustables....

I actually talked to a tech at Strange about the adj. front shocks on a lowered car, and the tech told me that the shocks were designed for the stock ride hieght and a lowered car of 1.5 - 2" would severly deminish performance. I am now going to buy tokico 90-10 adj.

I think you'll find that on any lowered vehicle. I know when I talked to Dave @ Team Z Motorsports (builds race chassis) in length about my radial car which is in the weeds, the Stranges were still a very good choice and were yeild excellent results sub 1.30 60fts.

Interesting info....

just4bob50 said:
I actually talked to a tech at Strange about the adj. front shocks on a lowered car, and the tech told me that the shocks were designed for the stock ride hieght and a lowered car of 1.5 - 2" would severly deminish performance. I am now going to buy tokico 90-10 adj.

My front isn't as low as it used to be. I've removed over 100 lbs from the front. The springs originally lowered it maybe 1.25", now it sits a little higher.

I think i'll go with the strange struts.