what gear ratio in this tbird

• Sponsors (?)

You can put the rear of the car on jackstands, put a mark on the bottom/center of the driveshaft with a chalk marker, and do the same thing to one of the tires; put a mark right on the bottom of the sidewall. Have someone turn the marked wheel over and count the revolutions, and have them stop once the DS has made one full revolution. If the wheel turns over 3.5 times approximately to the DS' one, you probably have 3.55's; if it turns over about 3.75 times, you probably have 3.73's, etc. Good luck.

The Fox t0birds had posi in the TC's, but i don't think any of the MN-12 chassis cars ever came with a posi. I don't even think the T-bird supercoupe was posi. The MN-12 chassis started in 1989 and had an IRS setup with an 8.8. As far as i know though, none were posi.

My '93 Mark 8 had 3.08's (LSC's got 3.27's). None had posi. It would smoke that right tires up to 60MPH when the tranny would shift from 1st to 2nd. Damn i miss that car. It was fast for a 3850 boat. (14.9 @ 95MPH)

Think they were a little torquier than the 5.0L that was in our Mustangs too. If memory serves, they use the same cam that was used in the '93 Cobra, that was suppose to provide a little more low end torque, at the expense of some top end horsepower. The 5.0L T-birds were rated at 200hp. Difference being Cam and upper intake manifold.

i still have that motor for sell, 100 dollars anybody, thsi is the one i was trying to sell last week i think to the person that was looking for a 400 dollar or less motor. it runs good but the heads need to be rebuilt and i am sure it would'nt hurt to put new bearings and rings in it. it has over 155,000 on it.