What is everyones Car Goals?

• Sponsors (?)

first i wanted to lift the wheels off the ground

then i wanted to have a 10 second street sleeper

then i wanted to dip in the low 9 and still be a street car

now i can care less of all the above i don't even want to lift the front end. at the starting line i just want the car to launch my fat ass to the moon. like the space shuttle discovery. lets see the vtec boys come close to that.

I want a streetable daily driver with killer acceleration and lots of upgradability...
I was saving for a ls1 rx-7, but the practicality of the cobra (backseat, trunk, better ride quality) is hard to beat :)

In about a year im switching to a 4.6 dohc cobra, and eventually drop in an auto tranny with twin turbos. (I don't give a damn about cornering on the street)

Im unhappy with my current car, mostly because its a convertible. There seems to be to many expensive limitations to produce killer power. Its hard to beat the cost/performance of the terminator..

My plan in short is to sell the my stang.
Gonna miss the sound of catless bassani + 5.0

But this is what I want :p

http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Ford/16/fc59c2ae-70b1-4f6c-98a0-984601756217.htm

this winter:

-3.73's
-03 cobra 31 spline tracloc
-31 spline Superior axles
-alum rad
-subframe connectors
-head unit with aux jacks for ipod
-high 13's in the 1/4

spring/summer 07:

-tint
-fix a/c
-alarm system
-chin spoiler
-mild h/c/i and supporting mods (eddy performer intake, ported gt40p heads, 1.6 roller rockers, steeda #19 cam, bbk 70 mm tb, 75pro-m mm maf, 24lb inj, 255 fuel pump, aeromotive afpr)
-low 13's - high 12's in the 1/4

future:

-UPR uca/lca
-coilovers??
-vortech s-trim
-6 pt rollbar w/ swingouts

Pokageek said:
What those kits dont tell you is that the 125HP shot is not 125HP. It is more like 70-80FWHP (stick) depending on how you calculate FWHP which for stick and depending on the total HP "number" is typically calulated anywhere from XXXrwhp / .83 - .85 and for auto approx. XXXrwhp/ .80 .

Why? The reason is that you have to retard the timing to prevent detonation. Retarding the timing takes your HP level lower than you would be starting from N/A with maximized timing. For me, cats also took about 10-12 HP off the table. 400RWHP will not be achievable with your specs in my o. With a killer cam and less driveability maybe closer to 350-360rwhp best in my o unless you go bigger engine. The auto is going to hold it back also. These are just some ideas to consider.

Well gcomfx.com made 319 rwhp on a 125 shot coming out of zex kit and he pretty much has the same exact setup as me. So if I get aluminum heads and a decent cam...I wouldnt doubt from the mid to upper 300hp range. It also doesnt make sense since from what you are saying that it only makes 70-80 fwhp that in sense i would probably only make like 50 rwhp off a 125 shot since i have an automatic....Is it just me or does this logic not make any sense. Also if you use NX jets they measure the shot at the wheels and that is what I am using. NOS Measures at the Flywheel

Yes and No

Danman765432 said:
Well gcomfx.com made 319 rwhp on a 125 shot coming out of zex kit and he pretty much has the same exact setup as me. So if I get aluminum heads and a decent cam...I wouldnt doubt from the mid to upper 300hp range. It also doesnt make sense since from what you are saying that it only makes 70-80 fwhp that in sense i would probably only make like 50 rwhp off a 125 shot since i have an automatic....Is it just me or does this logic not make any sense. Also if you use NX jets they measure the shot at the wheels and that is what I am using. NOS Measures at the Flywheel

I can only speak for real life experience and I know for a fact that you get more % increase from a basically stock car like yours than you would a H/C/I car...or at least that is what all the knowledge base articles say. The reasoning is that the stock car is much less efficient from the start so most mods like nitrous or forced air will greatly increase gains % wise.

For an explanation on the HP increase, I think you might be right on the RWHP (stick) but missing one factor...I am producing 290 rwhp with cats and 350rwhp with cats and 125HP nitrous kit. If it makes any more sense, you HAVE to bump the timing back. This for example makes MY starting point at like 260 rwhp instead of 290rwhp. So that is one of the reasons for the difference. Looks like my 125HP shot is getting about 90 rwhp but from a lesser rwhp starting point.

Also, most of the kits have jets designed for stock injectors. This means in my case the the 125shot is reduced to more like 100 unless I drill out the jet or something..

"Q: Will the percentage of performance increase be the same in a highly modified engine compared to a stock engine when using the same NOS kit and jetting?

A: Not really. In most cases the percentage of increase is greater from a stock engine because it is not as efficient as the modified engine in a normal non-nitrous mode. However, since the effects of nitrous oxide magnify the output of any engine, the total power output will be much higher in the modified engine. "

http://members.aol.com/agspeed/nos.htm#8

well the thing im saying is that if i get aluminum heads, they allow you to up the timing higher then normal anyway and i know the rule of thumb of 2 degrees timing for every 50 shot of nitrous...also if you keep compression lower and dont go to high you will get better results with the nitrous...all power adders low compression including nitrous even though it can be used with high or low compression.

also what size injectors do you have on your car and what are you currently jetting? Like if you have the nos kit what is your bypass jet size and your actual nitrous jet size?

Danman765432 said:
well the thing im saying is that if i get aluminum heads, they allow you to up the timing higher then normal anyway and i know the rule of thumb of 2 degrees timing for every 50 shot of nitrous...also if you keep compression lower and dont go to high you will get better results with the nitrous...all power adders low compression including nitrous even though it can be used with high or low compression.

also what size injectors do you have on your car and what are you currently jetting? Like if you have the nos kit what is your bypass jet size and your actual nitrous jet size?

The 2* timing is supposed to be from a stock 10*for safety. The timing on my aluminum heads can go quite high, I think 16* withut pinging but for the nitrous he may have started at 10* and gone back...not sure. They err on the side of safety.

I am running 24# injectors with a nitrous jet or 46 and I forget what the fuel jet is..

I read the sheet and he is calling it a 100HP shot. I will have to ask them why. So again I am at 290rwhp. Take off cats and add maybe 10rwhp. Then bump the timing back and 270rwhp then add the nitrous and lets say he was using the 125 jets, (worse case) and that will get me to 360rwhp.

Your car is and auto which is why I was saying 350-360rwhp best case assuming you don't have cats. Soall I am saying is use my experience and if you want 400rwhp maybe find some options to overshoot it unless someone has any better ideas..like a wet kit or something..Still, the car rockets away now so I don't know what 50 more rwhp would do, lol.

p.s. sorry I ran away with your thread, I am hope I am getting you closer to your goal in some way.

Intercooled ATI Procharger D1SC
331 or 347 stroker
(hopefully seeing over 500rwhp with above)
LT's
Shorty X or Prochamber
'00 R hood
96-98 Cobra rear bumper
Cobra Daytona or Misano L seats in black
FR500 steering wheel

That's about all I can think of now, I'd like to have all that completed within the next 2-3 years.

Hopefully Dan posts his chart on jets. They have me using the 100HP(46) jets which are actually about 90-95rwhp. Probably because I said I was conservative.

So anyone with my same set up that wants say 400RWHP should go with a 150 jet if they can and they can get that out of a 302. I think the timing drops more (not sure how low you can go). One of the reasons I am going more conservative on my goals for now is the stock trans.

Danman765432 said:
also if you keep compression lower and dont go to high you will get better results with the nitrous...all power adders low compression including nitrous even though it can be used with high or low compression.

:OT:

Thats wrong.

Low compression engines don't get more performance then high compression engines on the bottle. Think about it. Higher compression means higher horsepower, not matter how you get there. The trick is in supporting it.

Adam

True but I think Da nwas addressing more power adders in terms of supercharging or turbo makes more sense to come in with lower compression. Nitrous is either way and usually the alternative for high compression instead of turbo or nitrous now that I think about it.