What kind of power?

91stalker

Jun 7, 2007
GA
Ok, so my 91 hatch needs a new motor, had a turbo got it running and before I could tune it, money became an issue and I had to sell the setup to pay for bills. Well now I want to build a naturally aspirated motor and would like to know what some good setups are.

I'm looking for a good street setup, not going to see much track use, and I want it as reliable as possible. Im hoping for 350 rwhp and gobs of low end torque.
Ive been looking into building a 331 with AFR 205's, maybe F303 cam (I know the letter cams are becoming obsolete if not already) and maybe like a Trick Flow or Systemax intake. Ive got an Edelbrock Performer 5.0 right now, would it flow enough for what Im looking for?

What kind of setups are you guys running?

And so this thread is not completely boring, here's a pic of my car.

ToyotaTaco.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Ask and you shall receive...

DSC_7743.jpg

Photo was taken at a drift day a while back, notice the Atlanta Police car in the background..

As far as heads, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge or AFR 205? Ive heard good things from both, any personal experiences, either bad or good?

And fuel injectors, 30 lb enough or should I bump them up to like 36 lb/hr? Ive still got the 255 lph fuel pump from the turbo so feeding the system shouldnt be too much problem.

And I found a pic from when it had the turbo on it, man it was fun. Scary but fun.

TurboMustangKit001.jpg

That is a wicked looking ride man. Love the pic!

I'd put 42# injectors in it myself because you'll be getting it tuned anyways. Always overbuild the fuel system when you can for basically the same money.

As for heads, the TW heads will require porting to keep up with th 205's in their box stock form. What compression ratio are you going to go with on the bottom end?

-Edit-
With heads like you're talking about and a good compression bottom end, I'd be after 400rwhp instead of 350 ;)

As for heads, the TW heads will require porting to keep up with th 205's in their box stock form. What compression ratio are you going to go with on the bottom end?

Lets just say for kicks and giggles I were to run this as a setup:

10.0:1 comp
F303
AFR 185
1.6 roller rockers
Performer 5.0 Intake
42 lb/hr injectors
255 lph fuel pump
LT headers
O/R Hpipe
SLP LM2 catback
3.27 rear gear

Could I break the 350whp mark?

Ive got everything but the longblock and injectors. I want to keep the power in the capable range of the stock block.

Sorry for the newb questions, I just need to get psyched up before I drop all the money, I just bought a house and money is a little tight.

And Thank You for all the compliments!!